Opinion Heritier O'Lumumba - yay or nay?

Remove this Banner Ad

funny how most eagles supporters dont want him, even though Harry seems to smash us each time we play the pies. He obviously has talent, and i reckon if he moved to a new club he would have to be on his best behaviour while he settles in and does his best to measure up and fit in with our current group.

At 27 he is slightly past his peak, but i reckon we wouldnt have to give up much to get him.

funny how most eagles supporters dont want him, even though Harry seems to smash us each time we play the pies. He obviously has talent, and i reckon if he moved to a new club he would have to be on his best behaviour while he settles in and does his best to measure up and fit in with our current group.

At 27 he is slightly past his peak, but i reckon we wouldnt have to give up much to get him.
Too disruptive within the playing group and you can't have team mates walking on eggshells.

"Come on guys, i think we should give Harry a chance......."

images

Well again, his issues go way beyond the on field stuff. As Johnno22 said, the playing group would have to be on eggshells not to set him off and that would cause more harm than good.

Have you ever read his letter to Obama? Some of the stuff in there was cringe worthy, but I think our friends over at The Limbo Club dissected it best:
http://www.limboclub.com/forum/threads/harry-obrien-is-the-worst-kind-of-person.76752/

Have a read of that, and what he believes about himself and ask yourself if you want that jumbo ego near our club. After his latest tantrum, for Collingwood to call his bluff and say yeah you should leave when he threatened to quit speaks volumes for how much they have had enough of his antics.

If it was purely a talent based decision and the price was cheap you would consider it, but given he's got more baggage than an airport and nuttier than squirrel turds the juice just isn't worth the squeeze.

Well again, his issues go way beyond the on field stuff. As Johnno22 said, the playing group would have to be on eggshells not to set him off and that would cause more harm than good.

Have you ever read his letter to Obama? Some of the stuff in there was cringe worthy, but I think our friends over at The Limbo Club dissected it best:
http://www.limboclub.com/forum/threads/harry-obrien-is-the-worst-kind-of-person.76752/
lol just got finished reading through that. Somehow ive never seen this letter before. Pretty funny summation by the OP as well. That has definitely put me in the NO party now.
Have a read of that, and what he believes about himself and ask yourself if you want that jumbo ego near our club. After his latest tantrum, for Collingwood to call his bluff and say yeah you should leave when he threatened to quit speaks volumes for how much they have had enough of his antics.

If it was purely a talent based decision and the price was cheap you would consider it, but given he's got more baggage than an airport and nuttier than squirrel turds the juice just isn't worth the squeeze.
copied and pasted into my memory bank for future use, cheers :)

Douche of the highest order.
I hope he never plays again for any club, and also leaves the country and goes to live on a mountain somewhere, where we never have to hear from him again.
Dramaqueen.

am i the only one that is repulsed by that supermegaultratrade thread? This is why i just find it a bit ordinary.

I finished watching Fox Footy.
the pannellists on there are suggesting that its a done deal that Collingwood are shopping Obrien around.
Come on to bigfooty to see what other Eagles fans are saying about it
No thread titles about Lumumba/obrien
Open up the megamessyshiteverywhere thread and back track from the last page (thinking it would be the most current topic) and read a bunch of posts on players other than Harry Obrien. IE: unnecessarily reading posts/wasting time hoping its one of the last topics discussed in the 22 page thread. Finally decide to search via Lumumba in "this thread only" option and see its brought up way back on page 7.

Its a terribly s**t way for a fan to read a forum, when Obriens current status is a hot topic in the AFL right now. To be perferctly honest, i think the supermegaultra trade thread is simply moderator laziness. No offense, but thats what it is IMO. It shouldnt be a painstaking effort for me to come on to the forums and find a topic i want to talk about with a specific thread title.

/rant
I like the mega thread - I can go straight to that thread to find out what the general consensus is on trade and draft matters. What is so hard about searching for a players name in the thread if you're not up to date on what's in it?

If it becomes apparent we're likely to draft a player or they fill a specific need for us then maybe more discussion (and a separate thread) is warranted, but Harry O is neither here nor there. The only reason Harry gets air time is because he plays for collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the only reason any of us entertain this is because we are sick of the year/twice yearly lecras pantsing

From what i understand from collyflog supporters he doesnt do bugger all for the rest of the year

And on that basis i say no.

I admire how he doesnt sit idly and let s**t go by - but i also think he could perhaps do it better - there seems to be a fair bit of ego involved

It seems like I'm in the minority but I like him as a player. I imagine he'd walk into our 22 and be a good, solid, senior contributor.

That said, I can't see him moving to WA when he has options to stay in Victoria.

With his love of charities he would fit right in at the Demons. I can imagine him writing a letter like that to Gillon McLachlan - talking himself up and asking for priority picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back