Mega Thread Hird Appeal dismissed by Full bench of the Federal Court 30/1- Hird will not appeal. Details in OP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wish you were running the club Lance. Little has hardly made a correct decision since he was appointed.

Can't agree with that. Little may have shown little nous in dealing with the media on a few occasions, but he's managed to keep the Bombers faithful purchasing their memberships and as a "wartime" chairman, from afar, I'd say he's done an Ok job.

There's still a way to go in all of this, I'm more interested to see if more dirt gets made public on his predecessor.

There can only be 2 reasons why he lost:

1) hirds lawyers weren't from NSW (just ask GG)
2) the judges are part of the conspiracy

I kind of knew in September this would happen. Middleton owned Hird and Essendon that day and as a Bomber, it was embarrassing. Hird and his supporters should be embarrassed for their support yet again. I'm embarrassed that the Federal Court has twice slapped down the case. So frustrating.

I'm sure it's hardly unusual but it still seems disrespectful to not be in court for the verdict of the appeal you instigated (against advice by the other party of the original ruling). Though I suppose you're free to waste the courts time when you're the one paying for it.
The thing is though that we as taxpayers are paying for the court's time.
AFAIK Hird just covers ASADAs costs, but we have to pay for the court, judge etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, I have to ask: What is the origin of the frequent dumpling refs?

The answer lies within the pages of a certain thread...the original Middleton hearing I believe...

Only the worthy shall find what they seek.

he's done a fine job so far ;)

Hird's appointment was to please the members who were disgusted with Knights.

They surrounded him with the most expensive supporting coaches to make it work. The supplements program was to fast-track player development because after finishing 14th in 2010 they needed results quickly. But four years on they are still a middle of the road side.

If they were serious about winning premierships they would go after the best available senior coach. But the members want Hird.

Essendon supporters are partly responsible for everything that's gone on because every decision made by their club since 2011 has been to appease the faithful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back