Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Jul 8, 2002
Why? You stalking me?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Whoever's winning
Currently underway at The Hague in the Netherlands.

Australia's men have qualified for the semis for the tenth straight World Cup tournament with one pool game to play, and women also look likely to go through.

One bizarre moment overnight in the women's Korea v Belgium - the Belgians were so late getting their s**t together that the umpires started the game while the players were still running out of the change rooms and onto the ground!

Games are on ABC TV and someone told me there's also some on Fox but I haven't found them there yet. Many games and highlights on YouTube as well.

One bizarre moment overnight in the women's Korea v Belgium - the Belgians were so late getting their s**t together that the umpires started the game while the players were still running out of the change rooms and onto the ground!

The umpire has been quoted as saying that she did not like re-starting the game without the Belgiums on the pitch.

Pressure was placed on the umpires due to broadcasting arrangements.

The umpire has been quoted as saying that she did not like re-starting the game without the Belgiums on the pitch.

Pressure was placed on the umpires due to broadcasting arrangements.

It was funny to watch, but stuff broadcasting arrangements, the Belgians were the ones at fault. It's not like being on time is so tough....and if it's OK to be a few seconds late, what if they were a minute late? or 2? or 5?

Goal of the Century

Not so sure...I remember one from a few years back (champions trophy in Melb?) that was pretty freaky...If memory serves, from the restart after a goal, they took the ball back a little bit, then lofted it forward and it bounced at about the 25...Aus player had sprinted forward, caught up just in the D and one perfect tap of the bouncing ball up over the the keeper (who was charging him) and into the net.

That said, this was a freakishly good goal.

Kookas in the final, steamrolled Argentina in terms of possession.

Amazing collect and carry from an overhead by an Argentinian player late in the game is worth seeing if you get a chance. Brilliant by the Aus goalie, and Swann to get back to the goalmouth to knock it away.

Hockeyroos and Kookaburras both playing Netherlands in Gold medal matches this weekend.
Streamed live on hockey.org.au and through the FIH website.

Bloody amazing that the Kookaburras were 5/5 after the group stage with 19 goals for and 1 against (Belgium goal).

Telsor, my guess is the Rusty Ford goal.

Kookaburras conceded just three goals for the entire tournament, while scoring at least three in every game.

Can't believe it. I thought they were playing later and missed the whole match. ****ing hell. Still well done Kookas, you monsters.

Ok, watched the replay. After they scored the first goal, Netherlands were not allowed to play. Shame hardly anyone in Aus gives a s**t about hockey as the Kookaburras are just an unbelievable unit.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Netherlands were not allowed to play. Shame hardly anyone in Aus gives a s**t about hockey as the Kookaburras are just an unbelievable unit.

There is quite a strong following for Hockey. There was alot of talk in the office this morning about the hockey, only one person mentioned the "World Dive Ball Cup" in Brazil, a grumpy Croat.

There is quite a strong following for Hockey. There was alot of talk in the office this morning about the hockey, only one person mentioned the "World Dive Ball Cup" in Brazil, a grumpy Croat.

I tend to find the only people who care about hockey either play or have played.

You got the better deal there. I saw both, and without wishing to disparage women's sport, the difference in skill and speed between the two is enormous.

I know...I'm pretty bad, but I played a bit of mixed most summers and...Well, well, mid levels guys are usually more influential than top level girls. I also get a lot more tired playing mens.

Are you in WA? I think more people than normal know and care about hockey in Perth.

Jamie Dwyer has been left out of the Commonwealth Games squad. Could be we've seen the last of him in green and gold as they now look toward Rio. I think he equalled the games record for Australia in the final, didn't he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back