Mega Thread Hot Topic - Drugs and AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

I have cut and pasted a post blackcat put in the cycling doping thread this morning in italics below.

In this thread, I have written before (with the video from French TV included) and two or three times on the hot topics board, asking if Dank with AOD9604 + TB-4 was trying to make a poor man's AICAR + GW1516?? The great debate on the Port board is we are too skinny and not strong enough and lighter than last year and have been rag dolled this year. I agree with blackcat's post that we are more greyhound than Mr Universe under Burgess.

This was a reply to a poster's suspicion about Chris Froome who finished 2nd last night and took the yellow jersey and may not lose it for the rest of the 2015 TDF.

no, the fact that he went from about 73kg and 6'1", to about 65kg for the Tour, and still 6'1" :D has no one asking questions. And if you look at the AFL physiques in the last 3 or 4 years, they have also started to use the same PEDs, to render excess non-functional body mass.

Not rendering fat. But red tissue, and white tissue, muscle tendon and ligament body mass, probably some bone mass too. See the "new" soccer physique, it was so evident at last years world cup. Your control sample was the World Cup 5 years ago, versus last year. Why do they have smaller waists, but the same size glutes and quads. In cycling parlance "NOT NORMAL".

I think it is the AICAR and GW1516 with the Lipotropin (which is Dank's AOD9604), plus maybe some other peptides. It is not the clenbuterol nor the cortisone, because cortisone and clen existed before, but these are new bodies, these new physiques did not exist in the agile, agility greyhound stakes and sphere. They just were not in existence.

Lets say, Froome had a male anorexia, and was 6'1" and 65kg. His body would not look the same, his cheeks would be drawn, and the muscles less. The new AFL and other pro sports physiques, they are symmetrical, perfectly symmetrical muscle. There are certain muscle groups that are difficult to build a symmetrical image, even if you are a swimmer or do those isometric (might be wrong technical term) exercises where the resistance is the same thru all the movement of the muscle. One is the driver muscle/hip flexor. Yarran was obviously born with genetics, like a 400 metre runner, but now everyone has these quads with their hip flexor like a 400metre olympics runner. And traps are difficult, even with all the shrugs and shoulder press movements. And the triceps like Chris Tarrant or David Robinson.

The Port Adelaide coach Darren Burgess was one of the early adopters of the greyhound weight, but he was not the first to change the physique in the affal. It was a confluence of some coaching strategy, the 3 man 4 man i/change bench, the rotations. runners like Chad Wingard.

REH said:
The Port Adelaide coach Darren Burgess was one of the early adopters of the greyhound weight, but he was not the first to change the physique in the affal. It was a confluence of some coaching strategy, the 3 man 4 man i/change bench, the rotations. runners like Chad Wingard.

Whats affal?

oh yeah, Quadzilla, we mean the 3rd yr Jack Viney bestie from somewhere up in Echuca. You reckon all the weight he lost over the off-season, was cos of mom's strict cooking and vegies from the farm?

There should be a rule of thumb correlation of the subcutaneous tissue of your face, to your biceps. Should not have 12 inch biceps, and the jawline and cheekbones of a male model, and hollow cheeks. You should have a face more like Lance Whitnall. More muscle mass, you should atleast have cheeks like dermie did when he was on the roids.

Can players commence a provisional suspension at this stage of the WADA possess? I'm wondering if Jobe Watson has accepted a provisional suspension now his season is over assuming that the WADA hearing will be heard before the commencement of next season.

Can players commence a provisional suspension at this stage of the WADA possess? I'm wondering if Jobe Watson has accepted a provisional suspension now his season is over assuming that the WADA hearing will be heard before the commencement of next season.

Interesting. I have no idea.

I thought Watson played last week despite being clearly unfit just so he could get to 200 games. I think the players might be preparing for the worst.

The players aren't provisionally suspended at the moment. The current situation is like being charged for murder, you go in custody for a while - you dont get bail - that time is counted against any future sentence, the Supreme Court said you are not guilty. The DPP has appealed to the Court of Appeals, it hasnt started yet and as the lower court has let you off, your current status is not guilty. Why would you volunteer to serve time at Yatala if you are currently not guilty?

The players aren't provisionally suspended at the moment. The current situation is like being charged for murder, you go in custody for a while - you dont get bail - that time is counted against any future sentence, the Supreme Court said you are not guilty. The DPP has appealed to the Court of Appeals, it hasnt started yet and as the lower court has let you off, your current status is not guilty. Why would you volunteer to serve time at Yatala if you are currently not guilty?
Because he doesn't actually have to go to Yatala and can't play anyway. I guess the equivalent would be that you need to stay at Yatala anyway as you are homeless so hope to have that time taken off your sentence.

Not that I believe this is the scenario playing out.

Because he doesn't actually have to go to Yatala and can't play anyway. I guess the equivalent would be that you need to stay at Yatala anyway as you are homeless so hope to have that time taken off your sentence......
A homeless shelter can achieve all that without being as harsh as Yatala, especially if the appeal fails.

I'm wondering if the fact this uncertainty is hanging over two of our players is part of the reason we're playing so badly at the moment. Certainly it looks to be affecting both of them, particularly Monfries. A bit more difficult to assess Ryder as a new arrival and someone who's had injuries this year.

I'm wondering if the fact this uncertainty is hanging over two of our players is part of the reason we're playing so badly at the moment. Certainly it looks to be affecting both of them, particularly Monfries. A bit more difficult to assess Ryder as a new arrival and someone who's had injuries this year.
Monfries would be affected but FFS let him play as an attacking forward not a tagger on the HFF. That would have had the biggest impact on his lack of output.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monfries would be affected but FFS let him play as an attacking forward not a tagger on the HFF. That would have had the biggest impact on his lack of output.
Agree with you but unfortunately I can't see that happening tonight. Collingwood have one of the biggest mopper-uppers in the AFL in Oxley and I am sure Monfries will be sent to him.

To the surprise of no-one, Dank is appealing against his life-ban. This will be heard in August.

According to the AAP report...

Dank’s decision to appeal has the potential to delay the World Anti-Doping Agency’s proposed re-hearing of the case against 34 past and present Essendon players at the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

I meant to post this earlier, but.. there was a delay.

To the surprise of no-one, Dank is appealing against his life-ban. This will be heard in August.

Do have a record of these delays?

2399.jpg

"Cornsey! Sorry mate, bit busy at the moment. Supplies run out again have they - so soon? Might be a while this time mate. Try oysters, or chocolates or something. Gotta go."

Last edited:

I hope he provides a list of drugs provided, to whom and when as part of this process.

I hope he provides a list of drugs provided, to whom and when as part of this process.

His whole legal strategy seems to be to shout loudly "I'm innocent! It's all lies" which may actually work when you are dealing with a 'beyond reasonable doubt' scenario but is a bit threadbare for the 'comfortable satisfaction' situation that he is in.

I'll be looking forward to seeing what his legal eagles come up with.

You would think that Hird would have made a fairly simple phone call to discuss where he stood with his insurance before he commenced action?

James seems to have an aversion to talking to people that don't tell him what he wants to hear?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back