How crap is our cheer squad during games

Remove this Banner Ad

Having whatever chants they do have being known and sung by other people down the punt road end who aren't in the Cheersquad bays would be great and get the big screens/led advertising board thingies to lead people in chants.

However given many people disliking of Assoc. Football (soccer) I don't think we'll ever get the atmosphere that you would get there with their chants.

If you can't get the guys sitting next to the cheer squad to chant, I don't think using the big screen will help

Who would be reading the LEDs during play anyway?

If the peeps don't want chants any more, I just think we need to find some other way to engage them

Our game is too busy for constant chanting. But just a little bit is needed during flat spots. It's probably a total of 1 minute of chanting per quarter just to lift the atmosphere. If you're gonna sit in the cheer squad you gotta do it or you can GTFO :D

Was never expecting constant chanting, just after goals have been kicked and during those flat spots that are quieter than a State of Origin minute silence.

bring in some flares to the games.

I for one would love Yellow and Black flares.

I for one would love Yellow and Black flares.

11419220_1595010794090426_472926109_n.jpg
11420873_1086445058049970_500776158_n.jpg

Make it happen RFC_Official

If you create something visual, it helps get others involved...

Yellow shirts for the surrounding 3 bays like NBS finals...
Have a big banner that drops down from level 1 at qrt time
find a song everyone knows a likes to sing like "Eye of the Tiger"

Ive stayed in the 3121 and Inner Sanctum the last two weeks.Popped down with a Tiger mate last quarter GWS game to roar the lads home.Atmosphere is terrific but cheer squad and the standing bays need to work together.Also need to get the cheer squad extended to the top of the southern stand like the old days in the 80s when the noise generated was enormous.

Maybe the RFC could organise a Punt Road End membership where you get a reserved seat in the punt road end behind the goals.
I like the 3121 but prefer standing down on ground level when the game starts.Pretty hard to chant upstairs with families around.Just being loud pisses alot off.

let the grogg squad move down and take over

I always make a point of hanging out near the Grog Squad. Top shelf laugh's are always had.

How do you get involved with the Grog Squad? I've considered just standing closer and closer to them until they accept me as their own, like some orphaned Richmond baby penguin.

I always make a point of hanging out near the Grog Squad. Top shelf laugh's are always had.

How do you get involved with the Grog Squad? I've considered just standing closer and closer to them until they accept me as their own, like some orphaned Richmond baby penguin.
Buy beer, stand in bay. Good to go.

bring in some flares to the games.

If i am ever near a stupid campaigner who things it's cool to light a flare at the footy, know this, i will knock the ******* teeth out of your head and personally evict you.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If i am ever near a stupid campaigner who things it's cool to light a flare at the footy, know this, i will knock the ******* teeth out of your head and personally evict you.

ooooh someone is on the angry pills

Chill the * out campaigner :rainbow:

Remind me not to sit near you when I set one off.

Sorry to party poop, but no chance of MCC OH&S allowing anything like that, esp in the stands
Not sure if serious? :p

Oh Oh. Straight jacket quickly :eek:

Mobile phones are also ruining atmosphere and impact of the cheer squad. Was there for the GWS game and although the crowd was poor and miserably cold weather I couldn't believe how insipid the noise was. So I decided to lower myself and stroll around there with my kids and to my dismay I couldn't believe how many people were potting around with their phones
It's a different world alright
i stopped going to the pub as the group i used to go with added some younger ppl and as the older ones stopped going i ended up with all younger ones & all they do is sit on thier phone's..... they are a boring lot

Our game is too busy for constant chanting. But just a little bit is needed during flat spots. It's probably a total of 1 minute of chanting per quarter just to lift the atmosphere. If you're gonna sit in the cheer squad you gotta do it or you can GTFO :D
given the game nowadays is all stoppages there's plenty of time for chanting.

Maybe the RFC could organise a Punt Road End membership where you get a reserved seat in the punt road end behind the goals.
I like the 3121 but prefer standing down on ground level when the game starts.Pretty hard to chant upstairs with families around.Just being loud pisses alot off.
if ppl don't want noise they should stay home.

My first year as a 3121 member and I reckon it's the biggest rip-off ever. $1025 ($1060 if you didn't get in early) and you have to find your own seat. it's Ok if you're on the piss and staying inside, but I haven't been drinking for a while.
I will be downgrading to premiership circle next year. Just as good a view half the price and you have your own seat.
The only good thing about 3121 having no reserved seats is that you can take guests and sit together (if you get there early enough to find a good seat). The AFL members section for away games at the G is good, too. not sure what our entitlements are for this week though.
I also notice the past two games (since the upgrades) that the atmosphere has been, let's say, a bit more raucous up in 3121, probably with the influx of reserved seat holders getting their free upgrade to 3121.
I upgraded to Inner Sanctum for free, but haven't been over there as I don't like the Ponsford Stand.

I will have your back too.* flares.

My first year as a 3121 member and I reckon it's the biggest rip-off ever. $1025 ($1060 if you didn't get in early) and you have to find your own seat. it's Ok if you're on the piss and staying inside, but I haven't been drinking for a while.
I will be downgrading to premiership circle next year. Just as good a view half the price and you have your own seat.
The only good thing about 3121 having no reserved seats is that you can take guests and sit together (if you get there early enough to find a good seat). The AFL members section for away games at the G is good, too. not sure what our entitlements are for this week though.
I also notice the past two games (since the upgrades) that the atmosphere has been, let's say, a bit more raucous up in 3121, probably with the influx of reserved seat holders getting their free upgrade to 3121.
I upgraded to Inner Sanctum for free, but haven't been over there as I don't like the Ponsford Stand.

I like that you can just sit where you like.
Reserved seat i might have to sit next to some dickhead every game.i'm with you though I stayed in 3121.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back