Society & Culture How much television do you watch per week?

Remove this Banner Ad

I watch fox footy and torrents that is all.

Havent listened to a non afl radio
programme in years either.

Had a profound LSD experience one day that really opened up my mind to the behavioural conditioning that the MSM emits.

Every now and then i find myself watching tv with someone and all i can do is pick it apart for the s**t that it is.

I feel sorry for people that enjoy
TV.

I'm confused. Do you torrent things that don't appear on TV?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News a couple of times a week and a footy game if a good one is on. Aside from that maybe an hour. Most shows can be downloaded anyway or grab a DVD of the series which is what I tend to do. So counting downloads maybe 7-8 hours at a guess.

I pretty much have the tv on in the background all the time when I'm home but very rarely actually sit down and watch it.

TV as a direct medium is terrible. Haven't really watched it since I got my Internet addiction in year 10 and spent my night's in my room or if in the lounge, with my laptop open. Tele is dying. Less and less young people use it for the things it was always for: information, entertainment, to fill a void.

What's on there is still valid and useful though. People just get it online.

TV is better than it's ever been.

22 years ago I watched West Coast win the 1992 GF in my lounge room. I was 8 and we had a 34cm Akai CRT TV. I think we taped the game using the VCR then bought the official version with no ads etc. when it came out a few weeks later for like $30.

Last night Liverpool played Manchester City in a crucial late season EPL match on the other side of the globe. It broadcast live into my loungeroom in glorious HD through my 60 inch LED panel and surround soud receiver. Not going to be home? I'll just iQ it. Goal scored when I'm out of the room? I'll just rewind while the game is still going. Take that, 1990s.

For every Game of Thrones there are several Real Housewives or Teen Moms, but to go with advances in sound and picture technology access to the best programming of the day has never been easier.

I used to laugh every time the 'watch the 3 mobile test series on your phone' ads came on. Yeah that's a cool novelty if you're out, but if I'm at home and want to watch the cricket I'll just watch the TV. TV's going nowhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back