How scared are you of St Kilda this year?

How scared are you of St Kilda this year?

• A bit scared

Votes: 23 12.4%
  • Quite scared

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Very scared

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • A bit of wee came out

Votes: 69 37.3%
  • Hold me

Votes: 79 42.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

At first I laughed at the title of this thread but then I had a think..
Stkildas fwd line of
Butler king higgins
Phillipou Caminiti Owens
If that center half forward line all progress even just a little bit that’s an extremely dangerous forward line
Don’t know too much about your backline but I think it was the least scored against in the 2023 home and away season, need Sinclair to hold his AA form
Wings are covered with hill wood and now Liam Henry
Always found the midfield quite boring like they’re 1 X factor match winner in the guts away from being a top 4 side
Second year under Ross Lyon almost the whole team is complete
I think there’s a massive possibility that if the players who had a good year in 23 hold their form and the young kids coming up have some progression the saints could definitely become a scary side to play against this year and have a lot of people eating their words on here including myself.

Q: How scared are you of St Kilda this year?

A: No

Got it
I rate your list ,a lot of talent on every line , a lot has to come together, player development, discipline , club hierarchy of control , and it is on this front that you fail. Ross the “ Boss” has already had the CEO sacked , and it is this unhealthy modus operandi that will hold you back , the tail should never wag the dog. So scared ,NO.

At first I laughed at the title of this thread but then I had a think..
Stkildas fwd line of
Butler king higgins
Phillipou Caminiti Owens
If that center half forward line all progress even just a little bit that’s an extremely dangerous forward line
Don’t know too much about your backline but I think it was the least scored against in the 2023 home and away season, need Sinclair to hold his AA form
Wings are covered with hill wood and now Liam Henry
Always found the midfield quite boring like they’re 1 X factor match winner in the guts away from being a top 4 side
Second year under Ross Lyon almost the whole team is complete
I think there’s a massive possibility that if the players who had a good year in 23 hold their form and the young kids coming up have some progression the saints could definitely become a scary side to play against this year and have a lot of people eating their words on here including myself.
Membrey will be added to that forward line and Caminiti will probably be competing with Cooper Sharman who despite not being scary manages to kick goals.
Midfield again is the weak point but expect to see more of Sinclair in there and if fit then Jones and Dow will get a run too. Jack Steele had an unfortunate last season from injury and too much weight loss but he'll bounce back. Still no superstars, but adding the extra pace around stoppages will help us a fair bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda has to.step.up.and win rather than finding excuses
R1 v Geelong are regenerating and vulnerable
If they have any pretensions to success should be winning

We’ve already won. Geelong fans doubting themselves at home? You love to see it. Once we nullify Max Holmes run I’m not sure there will be much left to overcome.

Let's analyse their wins last year

Freo (Docklands) - Round 1
Bulldogs (Docklands) - Round 2
Essendon (MCG) - Round 3
Gold Coast (Docklands) - Round 4
Carlton (Docklands) - Round 6
North Melbourne (Docklands) - Round 8
GWS (Showgrounds) - Round 10
Sydney (SCG) - Round 13
West Coast (Perth Stadium) - Round 16
North Melbourne (Docklands) - Round 19
Hawthorn (Docklands) - Round 20
Richmond (Docklands) - Round 22
Geelong (Docklands) - Round 23

9/13 wins at Docklands

8/13 wins against sides that finished 12th or lower

0 wins against top 4 opposition

3 wins against top 8 sides:

Carlton in round 6 who at the mid point of the season were 15th
GWS in round 10 who at the mid point of the season were 14th
Sydney in round 13 who at the mid point of the season were 13th

Then they got Geelong and Richmond at the end of the year when the cue was in the rack

In summary they picked the low hanging fruit and got teams at the absolute best spot all year

1709431196824.png

RUN. They are coming right for us.

Back