Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Toby Blisset has signed with Jindera? Saw him in a couple of Senior games for Albury, and showed in the twos grand final he can lift when needed, big pick up

Just interested to see how its manipulated considering they had to make a recruit a co coach last year to bring them under.

A co-coach that lives in Canberra as well! Only came up for the games. Not sure how much coaching could be done. Surely you can't be doing that just to squeeze under the points system.

$$$$$ may play a part but how much money now that Macca has left? Sometimes clubs don't appreciate the commitment made from players in prior years and just look at it the now!

Thats a terrible comment. Cant live in the past. Why should a player be paid top dollar because he had a good year in the past. Still have to commit to the now and perform now.
Don't get me wrong I really like Ash. Comes from a great family and has the potential to be a star. Just needs to fully commit.

Last edited:
Thats a terrible comment. Cant live in the past. Why should a player be paid top dollar because he had a good year in the past. Still have to commit to the now and perform now.
Fair comment! A lot of the times players do get paid for their past achievements!
But what I am saying is sometimes clubs don't appreciate the loyalty shown in previous years (ie taking less $$) but as soon as they want to leave for more, they're made out to be $$ hungry!
It's gotta work both ways!!

Fair comment! A lot of the times players do get paid for their past achievements!
But what I am saying is sometimes clubs don't appreciate the loyalty shown in previous years (ie taking less $$) but as soon as they want to leave for more, they're made out to be $$ hungry!
It's gotta work both ways!!

Yep 100% agree. Both parties need to be respectful to each other. A player cant be seen as $ hungry and a club cant be seen to be taken advantage of a player who does the right thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the silly season begins it is clear to me that the league will be the same as it always is
Walla will only win against the byes
Jindera will be talked up to be better than who they are
Rand Walbundrie will not be "allowed" to be successful due to the ignorance of Hume League watchers, because they only wanna see the big clubs do well!
etc....

In my opinion in regards to the point system, no one knows how to enforce it but the league themselves, so why don't we stop talking about points because it doesn't really matter, Clubs are gonna spend money on players and stupid on lookers will have pointless opinions on how much is being spent

Any clubs started pre season yet? Osborne hasn't had much talk about them since the end of the season,anyone heard much of what's going on out that way? Rand is making a mockery of the points system if they are able to have the 2 new eastlakes boys play,my opinion is that you get your set amount of points for the year and that's it,I heard that they are rotating the eastlake players through the year to fit the recruits under the points cap as certain players lose points at stages through the yr which then will allow for all of them play at finals time, it's got me buggered but obviously the committee has down their research and believes it will work. Jindera going to drop off a bit next year? Maggies to push to play finals, Any other teams to contest with the top 6 from 2014? I thought the Power might drop out but did get told over the weekend that they have signed 2 from the SANFL,can anyone confirm this?

Any clubs started pre season yet? Osborne hasn't had much talk about them since the end of the season,anyone heard much of what's going on out that way? Rand is making a mockery of the points system if they are able to have the 2 new eastlakes boys play,my opinion is that you get your set amount of points for the year and that's it,I heard that they are rotating the eastlake players through the year to fit the recruits under the points cap as certain players lose points at stages through the yr which then will allow for all of them play at finals time, it's got me buggered but obviously the committee has down their research and believes it will work. Jindera going to drop off a bit next year? Maggies to push to play finals, Any other teams to contest with the top 6 from 2014? I thought the Power might drop out but did get told over the weekend that they have signed 2 from the SANFL,can anyone confirm this?

Talking to guys at work today Walla started last night had 30odd not a lot of quality, coach turned up late didn't train or take part in training

Points are against registered players, unless they clear/deregister players each week it won't work. None of there players will loose points until after round 10 if they play every game.

Nick Sedgwick heading to thurgoona?

Wow that would be huge considering he made the statement azzi night that he wasn't going anywhere.
Jindera have a made a couple of big signings that will be announced shortly that will sure up the midfield. Still obviously hunting for a key back and fwd.
Also hearing a number of clubs not just the club I was involved in are keeping an eye on the RW situation to see how it pans out. If its all legit then there will be no issue obviously.

Talking to guys at work today Walla started last night had 30odd not a lot of quality, coach turned up late didn't train or take part in training
What a great observation, and just another negative comment about the Walla FC.
Talk about kicking a club when they are down. That's all that happens on this site.
Yes there was 30odd at the 1st training session this season there was actually 38, which compared to last seasons 9 is a massive positive !!!

Us people at the club know why the coach was late and know why he won't be taking part in training pre Christmas.
Which is why there is a fantastic training program in place to be run by a very experienced and wise head until our coach recovers from his impending surgery.

Let's just worry about looking after our own back yards and let us take care of ours. Thanks

Talk about kicking a club when they are down. That's all that happens on this site.
Yes there was 30odd at the 1st training session this season there was actually 38, which compared to last seasons 9 is a massive positive !!!

Us people at the club know why the coach was late and know why he won't be taking part in training pre Christmas.
Which is why there is a fantastic training program in place to be run by a very experienced and wise head until our coach recovers from his impending surgery.

Let's just worry about looking after our own back yards and let us take care of ours. Thanks

Ok people, we aren't allowed to talk about Walla anymore on here! Apparently they would rather stay irrelevant! Good choice.

Very fair comment. We should be supportive of the clubs that need some luck. Good luck to all at Walla. Hope the wheel starts turning for you.

H
Wow that would be huge considering he made the statement azzi night that he wasn't going anywhere.
Jindera have a made a couple of big signings that will be announced shortly that will sure up the midfield. Still obviously hunting for a key back and fwd.
Also hearing a number of clubs not just the club I was involved in are keeping an eye on the RW situation to see how it pans out. If its all legit then there will be no issue obviously.
Heard whispers john roy williams is heading to jindera any truth in that?

Nick Sedgwick heading to thurgoona?

Have heard Big Hayden Heta as well as big John Spencer have signed at Hoolbrook. Have not heard much out of the Brookers camp with Doswell now in charge. Could Lamb pull them back on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back