Hyundai A-League 2015/16: General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm ecstatic with the win but I don't know what it is with us and playing so badly against 10 men. It's been happening for years. We took the lead and just stopped. It's like we're always scared to get that second goal to basically make the result beyond doubt. The equalizer didn't surprise me because it was classic Adelaide. Stonewall penalty for our second and no one could say otherwise.

Two wins in a row but we have so much more work to do it's not even funny, but moving forwards.

I can only repeat what I said a couple of weeks ago - Arnold has become a shocking, whinging indictment on the A-League - not to mention Sydney FC - and we would all be much better off without him.

9 teams have spent the last couple of years picking up the pieces of an embarrassing World Cup bid and trying to make the league into an entertaining spectacle that people want to support. Arnold is constantly scapegoating the refs, the weather, or whatever other bullshit reason he comes up with, to talk down the league.

Especially after the last 2 weeks, we were crying out for some positivity tonight. I guess it was bad luck that Sydney were scheduled on Friday night, cos we probably all knew how it was going to go if they lost.

I didn't watch the half time show, so maybe they broke down Adelaide's disallowed goals - but to look at the lines mowed into the grass, the first disallowed goal was incorrectly ruled offside. The second? Well, having an arm hanging out doesn't constitute offside, so I reckon that was incorrect as well.

I loathe Adelaide United, but they clearly deserved the win tonight.

I hope the A League comes down on Arnold like a tonne of bricks, I hope the minority shareholder Lowy has a word in Arnold's ear, and I hope next week they lose and he just congratulates his opponent.

He never used to be like this. So why take the job if you've just come back from Japan a bitter, twisted, disgrace of a man?

Sorry for the rant, but that pissed me off tonight - as much as anything, you shouldn't be torching teenage potential prodigies the way he did after the game. I hope it's enough for Gersbach to say "* you" and try and get out. Who would want to play for Arnold after that?

The first goal wasn't offside. If anything Cirio was directly in-line so therefore advantage to the attacking side. The second disallowed goal I'm not so sure. The first one pissed me off but not so much the second one.

And it's funny how apparently the penalty was "criminal" according to that twat Arnold. It was a stonewall penalty! Is he ******* blind. My god, I feel bad for Sydney fans for having that piece of s**t as their manager. He's ruining football in this country by being involved in the A-League.

He is completely embarrassing IMO. He should have a word with Andy Harper...... he even thought it was a pen and we all know he bleeds sky blue.

Penalty every day of the week.

Arnold's whinging and denials are starting to really rub off on the whole club now. Sure tactics like this may have worked at the Mariners when they where punching above their weight. But at a big club like SydneyFC it just looks poor and unprofessional and the whole club suffers.

SydneyFC are playing boring negative football and on top of that there cross town rivals are now attracting much more attention. Suddenly entitlementFC ain't looking to precious.
Living up to their scum status. Arnold and SydneyFC was always going to be a perfect match in this regard.

Perhaps they should stop whinging and start to play attractive and let the football do the talking instead of Arnold spewing out garbage.

Last edited:
Arnie's reaction was priceless

Bahaha your not wrong :)

u84R5bj.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute s**t from Vukavic. Our fullbacks have also been given a bath tonight. Just not good enough time to change things up.

He's been no better than Thomas was last season, so it's not proving to be a great signing based on the games so far. They won't drop him though.

FBK has been s**t all season too, seems to have got his money and dropped off.

Georgievski is underwhelming as well.

He's been no better than Thomas was last season, so it's not proving to be a great signing based on the games so far. They won't drop him though.

FBK has been s**t all season too, seems to have got his money and dropped off.

Georgievski is underwhelming as well.

It just doesn't feel the some since the Sydney FC match the wheels had been wobbly now they have completely come off, our build up play is still OK but we just can't score atm and that's a worry.

We also need Ansell back fast and push Broxham to DM in replace of Valeri, you can't keep quick fixers in key positions for long, in the end you get found out and Delpierre can't do it all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back