Workshop Hyundai A-League / NSL Kit History (working title: KitsDownUnder - KDU)

What program should we use to create the kits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

all the shirts are mine, so if you need any further images let me know.

and I also have heaps of loose HAL letters and numbers if someone can be bothered to trace them.

I'll trace til the cows come home if you can upload. If you just have the letters PLAYER then that'd be all I'm after, saves tracing every letter. And the numbers of course.

You've been a massive help already, may I ask how you got your hands on all those shirts? Which one do you reckon is the rarest of the lot, or the hardest to get a hold of? I think the FIFA Club WC and the Legea shirts would be up there

all the shirts are mine, so if you need any further images let me know.

and I also have heaps of loose HAL letters and numbers if someone can be bothered to trace them.

I was part of the beta testing of a program called Vector Magic.
As such I have a copy of it.
Tracing is for people with lots of time on their hands...
:)
If you can come up with the letters for each font in high res I can get them done in about 1 minute each.

you c
You can widen it.
Either before using it, allowing space for three on all templates, or have a two kit and a three kit version.

The other thing to bear in mind is you could make it a front and back thing, and have three versions of the file. As it stands it's front only.

It would be awesome to get these in there some how.
I'll trace this and post it tomorrow.
fc,220x200,cranberry.u1.jpg

Subbuteo-ALeague_zps6785d5bd.gif

When you guys settle on a template, I'll do all the Wellington and NZ Knights kits. (You're doing NZ Knights, aren't you?)
I think the Knights just had this home kit for both seasons

new-zealand-knights-home-football-shirt-2005-2007-s_1784_1.jpg

And this away kit. I'll try and get the sponsors.

I think the only difference between the two seasons were that there were sponsors on the kit.

Mero I'm thinking those little figurines would be good on the "teams" page. For instance what you have on footyjumpers.com with the list of teams and their logos (used to be current guernseys), we could have those little figurines with the current kits on instead of logos. I definitely want to fit them in there somewhere as well

Mero I'm thinking those little figurines would be good on the "teams" page. For instance what you have on footyjumpers.com with the list of teams and their logos (used to be current guernseys), we could have those little figurines with the current kits on instead of logos. I definitely want to fit them in there somewhere as well

Could we reproduce the NSL kits if so can I do these teams?
Preston Lions
Wollongong Macedonia
Melbourne Knights
South Melbourne
Sydney Olympic
Sydney United

We can do whatever we like.
http://www.bomberblitz.com/mero/Subbuteo.ai
And if you download it, you can do it too.

We'll stick with the derivative kits for those figurines and then do the detailed stuff on the full template.

I'm happy to go with the one Mero posted on the last page (Victory template), if no-one objects? Although we'd have to make it front/back.

We'll stick with the derivative kits for those figurines and then do the detailed stuff on the full template.

I'm happy to go with the one Mero posted on the last page (Victory template), if no-one objects? Although we'd have to make it front/back.

Then I would suggest making one kit per page.
So take out the Red Away kit from this one and replace it with the back view.
Then make another graphic for the other kits used.

And the link is: http://www.bomberblitz.com/mero/SoccerDisplay.ai
And another suggestion is when someone updates this, they can put it somewhere where others can download it, thus reducing the re-inventing of the wheel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok then I don't mind doing the NSL
PS Mero could give a screenshot when posting up the template. I wanna see with what templates i'm comfortable with

Found that ages ago. It's... okay. Not updated very often, obviously. Thanks for committing to the NZ teams Ando. You up for trying to do one of those sponsor guides I've done for a few other teams?

Use Getty Images, Newsphotos and Zimbio for sources
No problems.
Here's what I've got so far (without those websites)

2005-2006, Reebok, Hyundai (left arm), Zero's Subs (front)
2006-2007, Reebok, Hyundai (left arm), Zero's Subs (front), JUST Something (gold logo with black and white JUST, front also), ????? (It looked like Charlton Athletic's logo, was on the right arm)
You could probably get away with using Charlton's logo on the right arm. :p
061027PT05.jpg

The problem with the Knights is that I don't ever remember seeing a sponsor on the front of their kit, yet most websites have Zero's Subs on the front. Against Sydney FC they wore their white kit with no front sponsor.
Meanwhile....there's pictures of them with sponsors on the front:
http://www.phototek.dns2go.com/press/p246.html
http://www.phototek.dns2go.com/press/p231.html
How are you going to... forgot the word, to take into consideration and apply it to something for that?

Cheers Ando. As for the anomalies with sponsors, we can have more than one graphic for a particular season. So "Knights (Rd 1-15)" and "Knights (Rd 16-26)" or whatever.

What are your thoughts on the potential template? Also lmach craegus Essee Cross thoughts?

Obviously we have to make sure everyone is comfortable with the template before we go ahead and start designing

Cheers Ando. As for the anomalies with sponsors, we can have more than one graphic for a particular season. So "Knights (Rd 1-15)" and "Knights (Rd 16-26)" or whatever.
That's going to be quite a challenge..I've only found 4 games on youtube, but would using those websites you mentioned earlier help me? Zimbio and those other ones?
What are your thoughts on the potential template? Also lmach craegus Essee Cross thoughts?
Obviously we have to make sure everyone is comfortable with the template before we go ahead and start designing
This one?
PS I have this template.
Right now there's Puma, Nike and a company whose name I am forbidden to mention.
Soccer_zpsb26aad69.gif
Love it.

Have to put in loads of collars if you guys are making templates. Old collars new collarts etc

Yeah, true.
How are we going to do this? 4shared or Mediafile the collar for all of us to use once everyone's downloaded an the original template?

Get one "master" template going and then we can upload individual collar templates to Mediafire (better site) after we make them

And I do agree that Puma template above is very nice! We can get rid of the 3d marks though

Andonis1997

NEW ZEALAND KNIGHTS KIT GUIDE

2005-06
Home kit: Black with silver and gold trim, black shorts, black socks
Away kit: White with black and gold trim, black shorts, white socks
Manufacturer: Reebok

Home/Away Kit
Front sponsor: Zero’s Subs (Rd 1-15); JUST Marketing (Rd 16-21)
Back sponsor: none
Sleeve sponsor: Charlton Athletic
Front shorts sponsor: none
Back shorts sponsor: Radio Sport

2006-07
Home kit: Black with silver and gold trim, black shorts, black socks
Away kit: White with black and gold trim, black shorts, white socks
Manufacturer: Reebok

Home/Away Kit
Front sponsor: none
Back sponsor: Zero’s Subs
Sleeve sponsor: Charlton Athletic