Opinion I Back Bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I back Bucks, but I also back the players and the list we're building and built so far.

If Bucks leave in the near future, I'm confident the next coach will have immediate success and I hope people don't forget Buck's contribution.

There might be a better coach out there for our players, but there are also worse ones.

Bucks has been 8-3 twice and missed out on finals both time, its clear a game plan based on intense manic pressure can't be maintained over a full season.

Bucks has been 8-3 twice and missed out on finals both time, its clear a game plan based on intense manic pressure can't be maintained over a full season.

Third time lucky?

Ffs sake its not about now im angry with, its what we threw away in 2011-12 with all the unnecessary turmoil. Egos from all involved cost us another premiership.

Having won only 2 in 50 years i thought it was lunacy. Its hard enough to win against 17 other clubs yet we decided to fight amongst ourselves too.
Being angry about the past seems self defeating...and who is to say the "turmoil" if it existed was unnecessary?
In any event Mick is long gone...so assume you contend Bucks ego was partially to blame for what you see as avoidable angst?

I've said before I'm 50/50. I think Bucks deconstructed a great list which he could have kept together. Having said that, I think he's done the best he could and we'll be really good next year and 2017-2020.

Not sure who's seen this article, but there was a pretty devastating attack on Bucks in the Guardian:

"Buckley was given the scope to disassemble a team in its prime and rebuild it in his own style. He may be building a team for future success, yet it’s still not clear what was wrong with the one he had. If that team wasn’t the right one for Buckley, perhaps the time wasn’t right for him to take the top job when he did."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...kley-last-coach-standing-but-dead-man-walking

I've said before I'm 50/50. I think Bucks deconstructed a great list which he could have kept together. Having said that, I think he's done the best he could and we'll be really good next year and 2017-2020.

Not sure who's seen this article, but there was a pretty devastating attack on Bucks in the Guardian:

"Buckley was given the scope to disassemble a team in its prime and rebuild it in his own style. He may be building a team for future success, yet it’s still not clear what was wrong with the one he had. If that team wasn’t the right one for Buckley, perhaps the time wasn’t right for him to take the top job when he did."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...kley-last-coach-standing-but-dead-man-walking
Nice opinionated article, was mentioned in another thread, can't remember which one . Almost every thread ends up with a discussion with about Bucks nowadays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ffs sake its not about now im angry with, its what we threw away in 2011-12 with all the unnecessary turmoil. Egos from all involved cost us another premiership.

Having won only 2 in 50 years i thought it was lunacy. Its hard enough to win against 17 other clubs yet we decided to fight amongst ourselves too.

Quit living in the past and move on FFS.....

Time will tell us if Buckley is the right man for the job and will take the Magpies to a Premiership. We just have to give him time, that's all the club can do.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/aug/26/collingwoods-nathan-buckley-last-coach-standing-but-dead-man-walking

A little fudging of the facts in that article. Jolly, for one, was past it. I remember watching him in the VFL and he couldn't get off the ground; and much as I loved Herry, he was disruptive and needed a new start.

Time will tell us if Buckley is the right man for the job and will take the Magpies to a Premiership. We just have to give him time, that's all the club can do.

Tbh at round 5 or 6 I was thinking Dimma would get the sack mid season... As did many if the sports shows. He turned that around. I'm hoping Bucks does too.

It lasted a whole season in 2010

We have a lot of young guys building their fitness base and learning AFL standard footy

I know it's a big ask for certain people to calm down and have a rational look at this year compared to last, but we have improved and tracking in the right direction with a very young team.

We've had a much better second half to the year than last year where we were getting flogged and never looked like winning.

We should've beaten Hawthorn and Sydney but for goal kicking and took it Freo in Perth. Yes the Richmond game was bad, every team has a couple of bad games every season, ours were Richmond, Melbourne and Geelong.

Bucks has us on the right path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back