Universal Love If Ivan was the same age as Cotch......

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
If Ivan was the same age as Cotch and had preformed from when he was 19-24 and shown the leadership he does now.....Would Ivan be captain ahead of Cotch?
Ivan does seem to be someone that has learnt a lot from life along the way and he uses his experience to teach and motivate others. In saying this I have contradicted my first point.

I love Ivan!
297594-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

I have no doubt, the leadership qualities this guy has and display are insane.

He seems shy on camera and it seems he is coming out of that, but just go watch the video on the RFC website of him micd up for training. * me

Side note: I still love Trent Cotchin.

If Ivan was 25 years old or younger, and playing the way he is now, as well as the leadership qualities he's shown... he'd probably be considered one of the most valuable players in the competition, not just at the RFC.

Not sure if he'd be captain though, historically speaking, not many ruckmen captain their clubs, it's usually a midfielders role, and occasionally a power forward's or key defender's role, but rarely a ruckman.

I'd say he'd be a strong candidate to buck that tradition though, but yeah I would think Cotch would still be captain... just! :p

These things are being felt out and explored as we speak. How deep does Cotchy's tank go... Very deep I feel. If these boys are going to hold up a cup then they will both need to be in stupendous form. Standard is being set right now.

Love the Mullet, I think his arrival at the club has definitely helped improve the overall quality of leadership at the club.

I still think Cotchin will become a fantastic captain (I already think he's great personally) - he's definitely improving with age, maturity and experience. Having a guy like Ivan at the club can only help his development too IMO.

Love Ivan but this thread highlights funny enough what a special player we have in Cotchin. Ivan when he was young was not the leader he is now at Adelaide. So Cotchin is really progressing well because can you just imagine the quality of chimps leadership when he is 28 ? IMO Chimp will be regard as a leader in the selwood mold.

Just loved that video intro when he first arrived, when he says something along the lines of - just want to get to the contest and smash the opposition. ..swoon....
It will be good for both Cotch and him to be working alongside each other. To answer the question though - No. Agree with Tiger71's view. Compare Cotch to Ivan (now) when Cotch is 28/29.

Just loved that video intro when he first arrived, when he says something along the lines of - just want to get to the contest and smash the opposition. ..swoon....
It will be good for both Cotch and him to be working alongside each other. To answer the question though - No. Agree with Tiger71's view. Compare Cotch to Ivan (now) when Cotch is 28/29.
and is a back too back premiership captain? :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our past has been poor but our current is exceptional and keeps getting stronger every year , which is a point I think people keep missing when assessing what sought of job Dimma has done .
Exceptional is abit over the top.
The EF proved that.

Exceptional is abit over the top.
The EF proved that.
The fact we made the EF after the start we had to the season is testimate to our leadership group . A great leadership group alone can't win finals , because as we have seen the last two year the next tier of players can't yet stand up . Go back to our recruiting beyond the first round 4-7 years ago for that answer .

Yes but there is a reason you are on here entertaining us and not coaching a AFL side .;):p:D
Seriously though , at the 4 minute mark a mellee was warranted and it needed to drag on till quarter time to stop Ports run. I would of called it if I was Captain too stem the flow and fire up blokes not running hard enough.

The fact we made the EF after the start we had to the season is testimate to our leadership group . A great leadership group alone can't win finals , because as we have seen the last two year the next tier of players can't yet stand up . Go back to our recruiting beyond the first round 4-7 years ago for that answer .
I like what your sayin here but everyone was talking during the 9 game streak how we'd grown and we could handle other teams ascendancy and reign it in blah blah

I'm sorry that final was a joke

No leaders that day unfortunately . I would of called for a mellee at the 4 minute mark of the first quarter as it was over in 8minutes.

Or a fire drill, bomb hoax or "mr boak, you've left your lights on".

Maybe you and I should be in the box with Dimma?

No leaders that day unfortunately . I would of called for a mellee at the 4 minute mark of the first quarter as it was over in 8minutes.
We'd run out of players by seasons end.Every big game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back