If you could swap your list right now?

If you could swap your teams list with another teams list which list would you want?

• Adelaide

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Carlton

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • Essendon

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Fremantle

• Geelong

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 65 25.8%
  • GWS

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 47 18.7%
  • Melbourne

• North Melbourne

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 48 19.0%
  • Richmond

• St Kilda

• Sydney

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • West Coast

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't touch St Kilda's list with a forty foot pole. Worst list balance by a country mile. Better players are veterans with role players and the likes of Armitage and Steven required to bridge the gap to the next generation. On track to bottom out like Melbourne who offloaded veterans and went for youth who weren't developed to their full potential. Will struggle to attract free agents and young guns to play for a club based at Seaford.
St. Kilda's short term future looks terrible, but they have a very decent group of young kids. Acres, Dunstan, Billings, Templeton, McCartin, Goddard, McKenzie, Hickey, Lonie, Membrey, Longer, Spencer White and Savage have all been acquired in the past three off seasons. That's truckloads of youth, all of which are likely to make the grade imo. There would be a fair few clubs jealous of the Saints with that group of young players.

With respect to 2015, I would not swap my Hawks for any team.
For 2016, I reckon that Port Adelaide could be the team that I could consider swapping with.
For 2017, I think that Gold Coast could be the one.
In 2018, Gold Coast and greater Western Sydney will be fighting it out.

The one team that is going nowhere, and I certainly wouldn't swap with is Carlton.

Really?

Freo remind me strongly of Carlton in 2001. Fyfe is the only difference. Our Fyfe was older, did his knee and was never the same again.

Who was Carltons, Hill, Neale and Walters then? I would be surprised if we finished outside the top 10 in the next 4 years let alone 2 wooden spoons.

Teams list I would want the most: Gold Coast/Port Adelaide
Teams list I would want the least: Carlton

I voted for Carlton. After supporting Melbourne for however long I'm not quite sure how I'd cope supporting a team that actually won a couple of games.

If I absolutely had to, would swap with:
Gold Coast
Collingwood
GWS
Richmond - We seem to have a knack with their players as someone previously said in this thread - imagine a squad full of them!

Last on the list would be Carlton.

What's up with all the Carlton hate? The group think is becoming rather pathetic.

Carlton made a semi last year and the club has since removed a lot of dead weight and replaced it with a bunch of youngsters without losing anyone of any importance. That's a big improvement IMO. I'm not saying that Carlton have the best list, but hardly the worst.

What's up with all the Carlton hate? The group think is becoming rather pathetic.

Carlton made a semi last year and the club has since removed a lot of dead weight and replaced it with a bunch of youngsters without losing anyone of any importance. That's a big improvement IMO. I'm not saying that Carlton have the best list, but hardly the worst.
You didn't add anybody great you just removed dead weight that is all.
You lost spuds, and gained slightly better spuds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn, best shot for the 2015 flag.
So accurate. If you REALLY had a chance to swap, you'd swap with the best chance for right now. I honestly can't see this group not winning next years flag given they won it this year with around 14 players missing from pre season and having top 10 players missing all through the years. Those stats are exactly what most clubs state when they tell everyone why they'll be better.

I'd swap with Gold Coast. Looked impressive in the first part of the year and is most likely to challenge in a couple of years.

Least would be Carlton's list. Very ordinary to be honest.

I would go for Gold Coasts or GWS's. I love GC's midfield but GWS has such good KPP's. I would probably go for GWS really, think they have more upside and will be better than GC when their younger players start coming through.

Wouldn't want: Essendons or Carltons lists for obvious reasons. Would probably pass on Norf's as well; such a boring, uninspired list with little x-factor and too many old players.

If we are talking long term, I am relatively happy with where Collingwood's list is and what it could look like in a few years time.

If I could swap it, would go with Hawthorn for the next 2-3 years, then probably Port.

Happy to keep ours. Close to the best list ever assembled.

People get too obsessed with "young lists" and the possibility of winning flags years in the future. Hawks just go about winning actual premierships.

Back