If You Could Change 1 Grand Final Result - For Your Team or Other - Which Would It Be???

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 was glad Bulldogs won at the time but I've never seen umpiring so one sided in my time watching. It was like they were all in on it. So many frees paid to dogs that weren't there and so many just not paid to Sydney. It's hard to go back and rewatch it was that bad. I've really only ever seen bulldog supporters defend that day.

Don't get me wrong, I do think it's the right result for football seeing how important a good and proactive administration is. Something with the power of hindsight, we didn't have.

Just a bird in hand and all that. Even if it meant the wheels fall off 4-5 years later.
To be honest...

If the crows won the flag in 2017 and fell off just after, you wouldnt complain. I dont think crows fans like Kane McGoodwin and Mr_Moogle would. I dont think the crows were that bad in 2018. 12 wins and 10 losses usually gets you 7th or 8th. It was a weird log jam in 2018 with North, Port, essendon and crows all finished 9th to 12th with 12 wins and 10 losses.

crows didnt make finals in 1999 after getting those flags in 1997-8.

I can talk about various prelims the crows lost....

2002: I wanted the crows to beat collingwood in that prelim final. Would of been Brisbane vs crows grand final in 2002. I didnt care who won, the cup would of left victorian soil regardless.

2005: crows lost to west coast. the winner aced the swans in the 2005 granny. I didnt care. the cup was leaving Victoria regardless who won that prelim final.

2006: Again, the winner would of faced the swans in the 2006 grand final. Again, I didnt care who wins, the cup was leaving victorian soil.

2012: Back then... I wanted the hawks to beat the crows. I was still seething about that 2012 semi final loss to the crows. now I look back, going past the emotional hate, I wished the crows won. would of been swans vs crows in the 2012 grand final.

2006 drug tainted West Coast should lose that flag.
I genuinely don't understand why so many people think recreational drugs are the sane as performance enhancing drugs.

In reality it was like WC were playing drunk or hung over; depending on when their last fix was. If anything they should be given a second cup for being at a disadvantage. Let's call it the 2006.1 cup.

1983 finished on top after 22 rounds beaten in straight sets.
1994 Kicked a lot of points and Geelong had the umpires on there side in the preliminary final recon would have beaten the Eagles Grand Final day.
1997 losing Carey Round 1 against Melbourne for half the season cost us the flag that year always trying to play catch up football thru out the year.
1998 well all I can say is that bad kicking is bad football only to be 4 goals up at Half Time of the Grand should been 10 goals in front at half time .
Final mind you playing in heat for the the 1st time in 8 weeks didn’t help either.
2015 up by 4 goals midway thru the 2nd quarter in the preliminary final against the eagles in WA cost us plus of horrible umpiring decisions didn’t help.
Mind you would have been slaughtered by Hawthorn the following week had we had made it.
So technically we should have at least 2 more premierships and maybe another Grand Final.

I genuinely don't understand why so many people think recreational drugs are the sane as performance enhancing drugs.

In reality it was like WC were playing drunk or hung over; depending on when their last fix was. If anything they should be given a second cup for being at a disadvantage. Let's call it the 2006.1 cup.
I don't think anyone was playing high or hungover, at elite level, you'd just get smashed. They were on party drugs, probably getting high after wins and then back to work.

To be honest...

If the crows won the flag in 2017 and fell off just after, you wouldnt complain. I dont think crows fans like Kane McGoodwin and Mr_Moogle would. I dont think the crows were that bad in 2018. 12 wins and 10 losses usually gets you 7th or 8th. It was a weird log jam in 2018 with North, Port, essendon and crows all finished 9th to 12th with 12 wins and 10 losses.

crows didnt make finals in 1999 after getting those flags in 1997-8.

I can talk about various prelims the crows lost....

2002: I wanted the crows to beat collingwood in that prelim final. Would of been Brisbane vs crows grand final in 2002. I didnt care who won, the cup would of left victorian soil regardless.

2005: crows lost to west coast. the winner aced the swans in the 2005 granny. I didnt care. the cup was leaving Victoria regardless who won that prelim final.

2006: Again, the winner would of faced the swans in the 2006 grand final. Again, I didnt care who wins, the cup was leaving victorian soil.

2012: Back then... I wanted the hawks to beat the crows. I was still seething about that 2012 semi final loss to the crows. now I look back, going past the emotional hate, I wished the crows won. would of been swans vs crows in the 2012 grand final.

You wouldn't get a peep out of me, as much as it would have been a more painful collapse.

2023, always heart breaking to lose a GF by under a goal, love to change a couple of incidents late in that GF >

If only Josh Dunkley didn't slip over directly before the long goal to Jordan De Goey.
If only the umpire called back the below the knees free kick to Lachie Neale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Geelong had gotten 1 extra behind, then everyone would just say “20 goals” which is a little more acceptable than “119 points”

1983 finished on top after 22 rounds beaten in straight sets.
1994 Kicked a lot of points and Geelong had the umpires on there side in the preliminary final recon would have beaten the Eagles Grand Final day.
1997 losing Carey Round 1 against Melbourne for half the season cost us the flag that year always trying to play catch up football thru out the year.
1998 well all I can say is that bad kicking is bad football only to be 4 goals up at Half Time of the Grand should been 10 goals in front at half time .
Final mind you playing in heat for the the 1st time in 8 weeks didn’t help either.
2015 up by 4 goals midway thru the 2nd quarter in the preliminary final against the eagles in WA cost us plus of horrible umpiring decisions didn’t help.
Mind you would have been slaughtered by Hawthorn the following week had we had made it.
So technically we should have at least 2 more premierships and maybe another Grand Final.
I would have to say this... Had your team won that 2015 prelim final that would of been impressive.

You wouldnt of cared about the 2015 grand final result, win, lose, draw or tank. North Making the 2015 grand final would of been a fighting and heroic and battlers effort. A journey to the grand final against the odds. I expect No less from North Melbourne.

Adelaide: 2012 preliminary final. We were hungry, we were the underdogs. I truly believe we were a chance to win it all if we made the GF.

2008, the one that burns the most.

2013 for a Freo flag. After beating us in our real home final, I hoped they would go the whole way.

Geelong have been a great side for many years. Top 4 for 14 times from 2004-2022 but haven't been able to win it every year, they have had 7 preliminary final exits, dropped a couple of GF's but won 4 flags since 2007. Shows you how hard it is to win premierships.

The good thing about 2008, they bounced back in 2009.

Just look at the underachieving team I follow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back