Which team if any could be a surprise flag winner in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

After we pantsed ya in the semis in 2022.

'' Dockers vow to win the 2023 Flag ''

What happened Freomaniac? huh? what?:tearsofjoy:

:thumbsu:

Pants the dockers? that 2022 semi final score was 11.13.79 to dockers 9.5.59.

It was a loss but far from a belting. Mind you, dockers kicked the last 2 goals of the game.

Thats like Your mob making the 2002 and 2003 grand finals. Then saying the magpies were gonna win the flag in 2004. They didnt do that, actually, they didnt make finals in 2004.

Fremantle forward Lachie Schultz declares Dockers believe they can win 2023 AFL premiership​

hey may have broken a six-year finals drought last year, but the rising Dockers “haven’t achieved anything”, according to forward Lachie Schultz.

However, they’re desperate to change that as soon as possible, with Schultz boldly declaring Fremantle’s young group is full of belief that they can win the 2023 premiership.

Freo narrowly missed the top four and won a final in their first trip to September since 2015, but remain an outside $17 chance to win this year’s flag after losing several players.

hey may have broken a six-year finals drought last year, but the rising Dockers “haven’t achieved anything”, according to forward Lachie Schultz.

However, they’re desperate to change that as soon as possible, with Schultz boldly declaring Fremantle’s young group is full of belief that they can win the 2023 premiership.

Freo narrowly missed the top four and won a final in their first trip to September since 2015, but remain an outside $17 chance to win this year’s flag after losing several players.

The best was after we beat you though

'' Dockers vow to win the 2023 Premiership ''

Maybe you guys wore masks and had reconstructive surgery and played for us against Brisbane? That's what it was.

:thumbsu::tearsofjoy:

Ge
The 8 won't stay the same as last year, there will always be a "surprise" come from nowhere. It will be no surprise if the Lions or Giants win, it will be no surprise if the Pies get up again or my team Geelong bounce back... my surprises could be the Bulldogs and Carlton. The Dogs have some very good players although the loss of Smith will be crucial to their chances. If the Blues get up it will be a miracle, i just don't think they're much chop!
Geelong may bounce back but it won’t be bouncing into the last Saturday in September despite a gift of a draw.

Ge

Geelong may bounce back but it won’t be bouncing into the last Saturday in September despite a gift of a draw.
Hardly call it a gift, they finished 12th and if you have a crap season you often get a better run, they still only get 9 games at home compared to the interstate sides plus Collingwood (14) and Richmond (13) at the G.

Hardly call it a gift, they finished 12th and if you have a crap season you often get a better run, they still only get 9 games at home compared to the interstate sides plus Collingwood (14) and Richmond (13) at the G.
Just saving you the pain Jack of writing them off 6 or 7 times in season as you do only to jump back on 6 or 7 times. 😂
In all honesty though they make the 8 IMO but flag would be hard to see. Top 4 though who knows.

Not our fault your club chooses to play some home games at the MCG.

You have 2 home grounds and play 15 games between them, so you're doing better than Collingwood or Richmond.

Last edited:
TBH, i don't even have them in the 8. I don't know how they made it last year. They were Lucky The Crows were robbed against them.

That's a free every day of the week btw. His arms were being held!!!!

Also, why was Scotty Cummings complaining for? He played for us. Why did he support Adelaide?

I think Sydney need more of this from their spiritual leader. ( When I say Spiritual I mean that quite literally )

:tearsofjoy::thumbsu:

Why not the suns?

They have a big group of players who have shown their talent all hitting the 23-24 age bracket together: King, Lukosius, Anderson, Rowell, Flanders just as a start, alongside plenty of veterans, and a boost of precocious young guys. They've replaced an ordinary coach with a great one. And they have an awkward home ground advantage that can no doubt translate to some easy wins once they get going.

I think they have good strength in all 3 areas of the ground - genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they made a huge leap this year.

Why not the suns?

They have a big group of players who have shown their talent all hitting the 23-24 age bracket together: King, Lukosius, Anderson, Rowell, Flanders just as a start, alongside plenty of veterans, and a boost of precocious young guys. They've replaced an ordinary coach with a great one. And they have an awkward home ground advantage that can no doubt translate to some easy wins once they get going.

I think they have good strength in all 3 areas of the ground - genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they made a huge leap this year.

I agree with your assessment, but it'd still be a huge achievement for a club that has never played in a final to win the flag.

Why not the suns?

Never played a final. Won't be able to win a Granny at the G (especially if playing a Melbourne based team). I'd say near impossible - for now.

Fremantle forward Lachie Schultz declares Dockers believe they can win 2023 AFL premiership​

The best was after we beat you though

'' Dockers vow to win the 2023 Premiership ''

Maybe you guys wore masks and had reconstructive surgery and played for us against Brisbane? That's what it was.

:thumbsu::tearsofjoy:
They didn't so Lachie thought "* this ill go to the team that did". What a power move

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo if they can get that purple haze going again along with their manic pressure could surprise a few.

'' They vow to win the premiership '' again.

Hey you have to get it right one year hey?

Pants the dockers? that 2022 semi final score was 11.13.79 to dockers 9.5.59.

It was a loss but far from a belting. Mind you, dockers kicked the last 2 goals of the game.

Thats like Your mob making the 2002 and 2003 grand finals. Then saying the magpies were gonna win the flag in 2004. They didnt do that, actually, they didnt make finals in 2004.
The scoreboard flattered Freo. You were never in the game.

And, post game, we had to put up with Freo fans on our board telling us how old we were and how young Freo was and that in 2023 we won’t make the 8 while Freo will be top 4.

What a nice surprise we had in 2023….

Little wonder Freo fans always seem grumpy.

And, post game, we had to put up with Freo fans on our board telling us how old we were and how young Freo was and that in 2023 we won’t make the 8 while Freo will be top 4.

:tearsofjoy:

'' We vow to win the premiership ''

Now it's

'' We vow to eat chocolate chips ''

'' We vow to eat chips and dip ''

Seems that Brennan Cox did an injury while drinking coke and eating CC's with dip. I hope he didn't double dip. He probably did as they're coming out again saying they'll win the Flag. They get injured just saying so.

Let's face it. Any club that has purple as their colour and an anchor as an Emblem is destined to sink to the bottom. Disaster of a club.

'' We vow to eat chips and dip ''

Seems that Brennan Cox did an injury while drinking coke and eating CC's with dip. I hope he didn't double dip. He probably did as they're coming out again saying they'll win the Flag. They get injured just saying so.

Let's face it. Any club that has purple as their colour and an anchor as an Emblem is destined to sink to the bottom. Disaster of a club.
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

The problem with St Kilda is they don't really have a point of difference. They are a very middle team, sort of lacking in stars.
You're right but down the track I'm hoping our point of difference will be Owens and Philippou.

190 + cm mid forwards don't grow on trees

Were lucky to have those two together at the same time.

You're right but down the track I'm hoping our point of difference will be Owens and Philippou.

190 + cm mid forwards don't come on trees

Were lucky to have those two together at the same time.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
I assume you mean grow on trees as the other option certainly won’t get you a 190cm forward

I am not bitter either way. Saying that, you Magpies fans have it easy. Be happy you dont follow a non vic side.

The problem with St Kilda is they don't really have a point of difference. They are a very middle team, sort of lacking in stars.

Phillipou, Wanganeen-Milera, Owens, Windhager are going to be stars of the game. If they stay at Saints with King, Marshall, Wilkie and Sinclair will be nucleus of a pretty good team.

But I think expecting them to step up as much as they would need to in 24 is too much.

Smoky for me is Adelaide (if that is even a smoky).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back