Which team if any could be a surprise flag winner in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not bitter either way. Saying that, you Magpies fans have it easy. Be happy you dont follow a non vic side.
Why? Do you think you have a significant advantage over West Coast when you play against them at home or do they have a significant advantage over you when playing at home?

Carlton and maybe Adelaide if they can get everything to go right when the game is in the balance.

But I still think the Pies and the Lions are the top 2 sides right now.

I don’t think it’ll actually happen but the dogs are the best chance from teams outside the 8 to win the flag. If they can somehow figure out a better gameplan and fix their key defensive problems they have the talent in their midfield and with their key forwards and half backs to be a really good team

Phillipou, Wanganeen-Milera, Owens, Windhager are going to be stars of the game. If they stay at Saints with King, Marshall, Wilkie and Sinclair will be nucleus of a pretty good team.

But I think expecting them to step up as much as they would need to in 24 is too much.

Smoky for me is Adelaide (if that is even a smoky).
I'm not fully convinced on Windhager yet.

NWM is already a star. He's there now.

Owens and Phillipou have the ability to be absolutely anything. Sky is the limit for those two....

Fremantle forward Lachie Schultz declares Dockers believe they can win 2023 AFL premiership​

hey may have broken a six-year finals drought last year, but the rising Dockers “haven’t achieved anything”, according to forward Lachie Schultz.

However, they’re desperate to change that as soon as possible, with Schultz boldly declaring Fremantle’s young group is full of belief that they can win the 2023 premiership.

Freo narrowly missed the top four and won a final in their first trip to September since 2015, but remain an outside $17 chance to win this year’s flag after losing several players.

hey may have broken a six-year finals drought last year, but the rising Dockers “haven’t achieved anything”, according to forward Lachie Schultz.

However, they’re desperate to change that as soon as possible, with Schultz boldly declaring Fremantle’s young group is full of belief that they can win the 2023 premiership.

Freo narrowly missed the top four and won a final in their first trip to September since 2015, but remain an outside $17 chance to win this year’s flag after losing several players.

The best was after we beat you though

'' Dockers vow to win the 2023 Premiership ''

Maybe you guys wore masks and had reconstructive surgery and played for us against Brisbane? That's what it was.

:thumbsu::tearsofjoy:
If you don’t go out believing that you can win the flag what’s the point.

6 point loss to the premiers, 12 point loss to the runners up, wins over both other prelim finalists. I mean you may need drugs to cope with being a Saints supporter in general, but hardly need drugs to make that leap of them being a smokey to snatch a flag.
When the opposition teams didn't play their top games....St Kilda has so many plodders like Steele and Ross they are going no where past maximum week 2 of finals

RN:

1. GWS, their midfield is elite, great balance, they play for each other. I've got them for a huge chance for the flag.

2.3 Port Adelaide, Melbourne

4.5 Brisbane, Sydney They're way too good not to be up the top. I'd also slot Carlton in here. They showed their capability last season.

From there, I'm not sure who's up next. Collingwood are disappointing, Fremantle and St Kilda are unknowns for me as to whether they cross this line or not. I don't see any other teams capable to win the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back