Brownlow Medallist
Mar 21, 2002
Land of the Big Red Cloud
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
/The Bays/Man U
My good lady is keeping her distance. :confused:

No seriously the blood is starting to pump through the veins in 3rd gear & i can smell the deep heat at last.

2005 is to be the start of a new era for our beloved club & i can only feel positive about the months & years ahead, new coach, new game plan & hopefully a couple of new stars to worship.

Thank god footy is upon us at long last & even Mr Rucci & Mr McDermott are looking some what bearable, well from a distance anyway. :D

Crows to win by 13 points. :)

ive heard a whisper that the forecast looking for abit of rain on sunday. any truth?
if thats the case then i think it could easily fall either way.

i have had a feeling all week that scott welsh is going to kick 6. i hope im wrong.

theorangeapple said:
ive heard a whisper that the forecast looking for abit of rain on sunday. any truth?
if thats the case then i think it could easily fall either way.

i have had a feeling all week that scott welsh is going to kick 6. i hope im wrong.

Forecast at 7 pm tonight - dry as a bone for Sunday.

macca23 said:
Forecast at 7 pm tonight - dry as a bone for Sunday.

thanks. i must say its good news from our perspective, its been pretty hot this week. today we reach 40 degrees. im not sure a game on a wet sloppy AAMI would do much for our running + short kicking style of game.

just listening to neil craig on perth radio now.

very impressive, to be honest much more use than woosha. he said that hart will play and burton is very likely. he said you would tag one of our midfielders and go head to head with the others.

he also said that johncock was a "very good matchup for matera". implying he will take him.

he sounded very upbeat and excited. its nice to hear a coach say what he thinks rather than wheel out generic sayings.

theorangeapple said:
he also said that johncock was a "very good matchup for matera". implying he will take him.

Phil Matera = danger.

Except for that final back in 2003 when Phil didn't bother turning up (as with every September it seems), he usually tears us a new orifice for the simple reason we struggle to find any sort of matchup for him - with Hart proving ineffective in the past, among others.

So it's an interesting one that. As we all know, Johncock's first instinct is to attack the ball at 100 miles an hour - meaning he'll try to run off Matera at every opportunity, something that may trouble fido or play right into his hands depending on how the cookie crumbles. I can't see there being any middle ground where the two cancel each other out and break even.

dyertribe said:
Phil Matera = danger.

Except for that final back in 2003 when Phil didn't bother turning up (as with every September it seems), he usually tears us a new orifice for the simple reason we struggle to find any sort of matchup for him - with Hart proving ineffective in the past, among others.

So it's an interesting one that. As we all know, Johncock's first instinct is to attack the ball at 100 miles an hour - meaning he'll try to run off Matera at every opportunity, something that may trouble fido or play right into his hands depending on how the cookie crumbles. I can't see there being any middle ground where the two cancel each other out and break even.

if hart gets him again, you can bet that hammy will go twang by the end of the game.

noddy said:
My good lady is keeping her distance. :confused:

No seriously the blood is starting to pump through the veins in 3rd gear & i can smell the deep heat at last.

Stop traumatising poor Bart. It would be very stressful for him to see his master running around the house naked, singing "we're the Pride...." at the top of his lungs. :D

portentous said:
Stop traumatising poor Bart. It would be very stressful for him to see his master running around the house naked, singing "we're the Pride...." at the top of his lungs. :D

Noddy, is that you? :p

39.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dyertribe said:
Phil Matera = danger.

Begley on Matera.

He has the pace to go with him, and can frustrate him by dominating overhead.

And he's done it befoe.

macca23 said:
Begley on Matera.

He has the pace to go with him, and can frustrate him by dominating overhead.

And he's done it befoe.
Agree 100%.

Begley doesn't seem to get turned inside out by Matera like a lot of others do.

Fergus said:
Agree 100%.

Begley doesn't seem to get turned inside out by Matera like a lot of others do.

Agree 200%, Begley is our best matchup on strong marking/quick small forwards (eg. Matera/Farmer/Medhurst). He's got the pace and the advantage of height.

Johncock would be of more benefit to us dashing off half-back, without the constraints of concentrating on his man for the full game.

I'm so bloody excited I can't sit still !!!......

Footy's back......a new era

I need to calm down...... :eek:

STEVO FIT, THE COUNT TO RUN AMOCK THIS YEAR, MACCA WITH DIGIT EXTRACTED............BRING IT ON.......

oops........ :eek:

*reaches for cigarettes*

Adelaide by 23 pts..... ;)

noddy said:
My good lady is keeping her distance.

2005 is to be the start of a new era for our beloved club & i can only feel positive about the months & years ahead, new coach, new game plan & hopefully a couple of new stars to worship.

Thank god footy is upon us at long last & even Mr Rucci & Mr McDermott are looking some what bearable, well from a distance anyway.

Crows to win by 13 points. :)

Makes a couple of old farts feeeeeeeeeel young again eh Nod? :D :cool:
And who would have guest it, I've hit the big 1k

dyertribe said:
Phil Matera = danger.

Those small forward pocket types always seem to hurt us.

portentous said:

Old Bart is immune to such sights.

But i gotta say me running around naked would not be a pretty sight at all. :p

Especially if there's no hope of catching up. ;)

noddy said:
Well i have been known to wear a Y front now & again & the belly is some what similar but thank the lord i still have most of my hair. :D

Good try though. :)

and a 'Bart' in the family.

If after five years of Ayresy's game plan, you still have most of your hair, your doing OK.

The Y front admission is a worry though, no wonder the good lady is keeping her distance. :)

Jars458 said:
Mildly excited, though I did get a stubby holder that plays the club song for my birthday today.

How envious am I of that musical stubby holder!! :p

Happy birthday Jars, and I hope you get your real present from the boys on sunday!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back