I'm so excited !!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jars458 said:
Mildly excited, though I did get a stubby holder that plays the club song for my birthday today.
Hope your having an awesome birthday Jars & that your LWE is topped off with more of the club's song after a win.

Jars458 said:
Mildly excited, though I did get a stubby holder that plays the club song for my birthday today.

I trust you also got a couple of slabs to go with that stubbie holder. 'Cause its well known that us Crows can drink a lot of grog, not like the Chardy sippers down the Port.

Happy birthday Jars.

All the best Jars, one of the true icons of this board.

As for this thread, personally, I'm not that excited, all I see is disaster written all over this game and a very long season ahead....but hopefully with some promising signs for the future.

I can not wait for Sunday. It will be my 1st visit to AAMI Stadium for 2 years. I should have a good idea how the crows are going after Round 2 as I will be back in Melbourne watching them play the pies.

Bring it on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

noddy said:
My good lady is keeping her distance.

No seriously the blood is starting to pump through the veins in 3rd gear & i can smell the deep heat at last.

2005 is to be the start of a new era for our beloved club & i can only feel positive about the months & years ahead, new coach, new game plan & hopefully a couple of new stars to worship.

Thank god footy is upon us at long last & even Mr Rucci & Mr McDermott are looking some what bearable, well from a distance anyway.

Crows to win by 13 points.

Yeah very much the same here noddy, my better half is also fearing the worse come Sunday arvo and has suggested I strengthen the windows by taping them up :p She is also a Crows supporter but she knows I get pretty fired up, it will be infront of the TV this w/e but at the game in Rnd 2 ;)

For god sake umpire just bounce the friggen ball :D

CARN THE MIGHTY ADEALIDE CROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crows by 10pts.

dyertribe said:
Phil Matera = danger.

Except for that final back in 2003 when Phil didn't bother turning up (as with every September it seems), he usually tears us a new orifice for the simple reason we struggle to find any sort of matchup for him - with Hart proving ineffective in the past, among others.

So it's an interesting one that. As we all know, Johncock's first instinct is to attack the ball at 100 miles an hour - meaning he'll try to run off Matera at every opportunity, something that may trouble fido or play right into his hands depending on how the cookie crumbles. I can't see there being any middle ground where the two cancel each other out and break even.
Johncock played on Fido a couple of years ago and got 5 kicked on him. Having said that, surprisingly Johncock had a good game himself with 20 possesions and plenty of rebound from the backline.

I expect much similar this time if Johncock takes him. Here is hoping that Fido doesn't turn up :p

Matera is not match fit and I doubt that he'll have an influence on the game.

Sampi, on the other hand, is and I sincerely hope he does.

ant said:

As for this thread, personally, I'm not that excited, all I see is disaster written all over this game and a very long season ahead....but hopefully with some promising signs for the future.
The pessimist is back :p

ant said:

I'm going with ant here. I'm hoping for a win, but right now I can't see it happening, and my tip is WCE by a few goals. :(

macca23 said:
Begley on Matera.

He has the pace to go with him, and can frustrate him by dominating overhead.

And he's done it befoe.

I can't believe I forgot about Scoop - can't think of a better matchup actually, for exactly the reasons you've listed.

Johncock on Matera reminds me somewhat of McLeod on Farmer in the 1998 QF - mugging Pietro to settle accounts with Paolo.

dyertribe said:
I can't believe I forgot about Scoop - can't think of a better matchup actually, for exactly the reasons you've listed.

Johncock on Matera reminds me somewhat of McLeod on Farmer in the 1998 QF - mugging Pietro to settle accounts with Paolo.
And we also have Sampi to worry about :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back