Analysis The sauce debate, Cupboard or Fridge has been solved!

Remove this Banner Ad

Cupboard, bin, respectively.
You know what you are? You’re an anti-vegite.

Indict It Was You GIF by HULU

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do you keep your saucies Jim clean?
no dead horse over here mate! The kitchen shelf is full of pretty hectic s**t like nam pu/nam pla (fermented/sauced rice field crabs/fish) - or jiao you/soy sauce. in Australia I was a fridge guy... with the peanut butter, Vegemite never made it to the fridge tho!!!!!! let's goooooooooo

Ok - I thought I'd add another twist to the sauce debate

As a child who grew with parents born on the farm (dad in particular) in Nth Qld before WW2 and grandparents before WW1 they were exposed to a different set of challenges when it came to food and condiments

The old Queenslander on stilts by the Burdekin River had a seperate kitchen from the main house. The legs of dining room table and all the food safes sat in old jam tins filled with water to prevent all the ants and other creepy crawlies attacking the food

When they did finally did get refrigeration, it was just easier to just keep 'stuff' in there away from the insects. And they passed their habits down.

Took my grandmother years to get out the habit of putting rice in the salt shakers after she moved south

Remove this Banner Ad

Back