News Intraclub game @ Henson Park, Marrickville on 27th Feb

Remove this Banner Ad

We may have over 50,000 members this year. How many members do we need for the club to do things like provide even semi decent coverage of intra-club and reserves games?
50001 so maybe next year.

The Giants also had their intra club today. Besides the live stream they had regular updates on Twitter, including a quarter tweeted by Liam Sumner

Seriously it's not that hard especially when they've hired a "social media expert" in the role. Makes me wonder if the person in that role has any idea about footy

well the video producer seems to have half an idea about video so who knows?

Dan Robinson got a bit of the pill, Melican was impressive but struggled to finish his good work. Harry had good awareness, Aliir did son good things and Heeney got crunched hard. Hiscox was everywhere, more than just a runner/athlete, he knows where to go. Had a cramp or twinge in the last quarter. MacLaren kicked a nice goal from a sharp angle in the last quarter too. Derickx impressed me but he always does

Some of my personal faves from the set.

16660331011_72e9b78cbb.jpg

16474151898_a38b821a58.jpg

16475591289_f956ac5fd9.jpg
16474341310_ed994ae5ff.jpg

Last edited:
What's everyone's thoughts on the highlights video ?

Very arty with the filter and some Matrix time soo no and kudos on getting it edited so quick on a Friday night but it's almost next to useless in gauging how players went. Would rather see continuous footage of passages of play rather than 2-4 second snippets. Plus using a camera angle below ground level isn't the best idea.

Should I email the club and offer my services as a grad? Pretty certain I could set up a feed for intra club and ressies, twitter and Facebook updates and attempt to get semi accurate/ up to date injury news....

NO
Media manager doing fine job, no one know our strategies, our scores, our injuries or can recognise players in videos, all top secret.
Player tried to set up media account outside club control.
Where Patrick Mitchell now?
Yankee doodle gone.

kimjungunUniform.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's what you get what when you hire a failed wedding video producer.
Absolutely pointless highlights package.
Far less interested in actual footage of the team and much more about showing how 'clever' the producer is.

Sounds like that birdman movie I had to watch tonight instead of the intraclub - wish our media was half decent sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The video isn't bad, but it feels like they're trying to do too much with it. People just want footage of the game.

Swans are arguably 18th on the list of Social Media in the AFL. In the match report no stats or anything. Surely it isn't that hard just to keep score as well? I mean what else are they doing besides tweeting once an hour?

Swans are arguably 18th on the list of Social Media in the AFL. In the match report no stats or anything. Surely it isn't that hard just to keep score as well? I mean what else are they doing besides tweeting once an hour?
I think they were fighting over whether it was white and gold or blue and black

Swans are arguably 18th on the list of Social Media in the AFL.
How is it arguable? The shittiest, smallest club in the league (LWS) massively outperforms ours on media and member updates.

With respect to GWS, I think they approach media/social media differently. As a young club with very few hardened supporters, they want to have a strong presence on social media to attract other fans and generate a connection.Particularly with younger people.

It smacks of complacency from the Swans. As if they're saying "we don't need to bother with having such a strong social media presence or put that much effort into providing content, we're the big dogs in this city". I can't imagine it would need THAT much altering in their strategy to improve their content greatly.

In terms of the game, I was there and of the senior players, I liked what I saw from Goodes, Smith, Rampe, Laidler, Mitchell in particular. Tom Mitchell was throwing himself around vigourously. They all looked a cut above the rest in terms of not making mistakes and being calm under pressure. Kennedy cruised around and did as he pleased too, while Rohan and Shaw were also good IMO. Rohan's speed is such a cut above everyone else on the field, it always surprises me just how quick he is even compared to the swiftest teammates.

Grundy, Jetta, Reid, K.Jack were all OK but made some pretty ordinary mistakes. Jetta in one marking contest in the first quarter was outpointed easily by James Rose who took a very good contested mark to kick a goal. In terms of rebounding, his disposal and run were great but he'll definitely need to get stronger/smarter in terms of his body use.

Saw little of the three that I was particularly wanting to watch in Jones, X.Richards and Nankervis. They all flashed in and out.

In terms of the game, I was there and of the senior players, I liked what I saw from Goodes, Smith, Rampe, Laidler, Mitchell in particular. Tom Mitchell was throwing himself around vigourously. They all looked a cut above the rest in terms of not making mistakes and being calm under pressure. Kennedy cruised around and did as he pleased too, while Rohan and Shaw were also good IMO. Rohan's speed is such a cut above everyone else on the field, it always surprises me just how quick he is even compared to the swiftest teammates.

Grundy, Jetta, Reid, K.Jack were all OK but made some pretty ordinary mistakes. Jetta in one marking contest in the first quarter was outpointed easily by James Rose who took a very good contested mark to kick a goal. In terms of rebounding, his disposal and run were great but he'll definitely need to get stronger/smarter in terms of his body use.

Saw little of the three that I was particularly wanting to watch in Jones, X.Richards and Nankervis. They all flashed in and out.
Hoping Rohan has a big year , still one of my favs

How do you think Aliir, X.Richards and Milican went? I suspect we will really need one of them to step up in 2015.

Also by the sounds of it Hiscox looks like he has some potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back