Irish recruits

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers Harves! Always good to have the inside word on the clubs plans

Incidentally, that's really slow drying ink.
Well its cold in Ireland and he has the contract with him .
Just to confirm everything I talked to him on Friday at 12 oclock and he was with one of Freos management at Freo oval . Both he and the official where all smiles about him joining us .The official was driving him to the airport .
I also spoke to one of the coaches earlier and he was very confident that we where ready to give him a contract.
I think they will announce the deal when he returns from Ireland due to the fact they didn't have the time for proper interviews with the press before he flew out .

Well its cold in Ireland and he has the contract with him .
Just to confirm everything I talked to him on Friday at 12 oclock and he was with one of Freos management at Freo oval . Both he and the official where all smiles about him joining us .The official was driving him to the airport .
I also spoke to one of the coaches earlier and he was very confident that we where ready to give him a contract.
I think they will announce the deal when he returns from Ireland due to the fact they didn't have the time for proper interviews with the press before he flew out .

But Coulda you left before me at 10 45am,did you come back?

But Coulda you left before me at 10 45am,did you come back?
Yes I went to the Members shop and he was coming across the car park when we struck up the conversation .
I finished the business appointment early and decided that I should put in my Xmas wish list and there he was .
It turned out to be a great idea ,he's a really nice kid and I was able to welcome him to the club

Yes I went to the Members shop and he was coming across the car park when we struck up the conversation .
I finished the business appointment early and decided that I should put in my Xmas wish list and there he was .
It turned out to be a great idea ,he's a really nice kid and I was able to welcome him to the club

Well done mate ,good info get:thumbsu:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-12-01/too-early-for-hurley

FREMANTLE will wait another week or two before deciding whether to list Irishman Sean Hurley as an international rookie.

The Gaelic footballer from Johnstownbridge, a small commuter town in the northeast of Ireland, has been training with the Dockers for the past fortnight.

Unlike his Johnstownbridge teammate Daniel Flynn (Port Adelaide), Hurley was not selected in Wednesday's rookie draft.

Since his arrival in Perth the Dockers have been impressed with the 21-year-old, who shapes as a key position prospect at 196cm and 92kg, but they have until December 16 to decide whether or not they will offer him a contract.

"He's been here for a week and a half and he's developing really well at this stage," Fremantle list manager Brad Lloyd said.

"He's trained strongly. He's a good size. He runs well. He's been very receptive to learning. He's been really positive.

"We don't need to make a decision until the middle of December so we'll keep working with Sean and let him take his time and grasp the new ball and we'll make a decision over the coming weeks, but he's travelling really well."

Hurley was man of the match in the Kildare Intermediate Football Championship final in October and Fremantle senior development coach Simon Lloyd says he's been brilliant to work with from a coaching standpoint.

"Aerobically he's very good," Lloyd said.

"The feedback from our conditioning staff is that they're very, very happy with him. It's great to have an international player come in.

"To actually teach the basics of the game and to go back to square one it's quite exciting, and it's quite a bit easier actually because he's come in with no bad habits."
Super slow drying ink. I have a feeling we will rookie him regardless, outside of resourcing costs it's a low risk strategy to pursue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like no irishman for Freo then as we have'nt heard any news. Pity ..we could do with the luck of the oirish

Looks like no irishman for Freo then as we have'nt heard any news. Pity ..we could do with the luck of the oirish

I tried to ask Roger at training and he gave me donuts, other than he was impressed with his skills.

The reason he had to go back to Ireland was a game he played in for his Gaelic side. It may be the 16th we have to decide on him according to this quote:
His Kildare teammate and clubmate, Sean Hurley, is also in Australia and is currently training with Fremantle who have yet to decide whether they’re going to sign him. The AFL premiership runners-up have until 16 December to decide on Hurley’s future.

I tried to ask Roger at training and he gave me donuts, other than he was impressed with his skills.

The reason he had to go back to Ireland was a game he played in for his Gaelic side. It may be the 16th we have to decide on him according to this quote:

meaning in 3 days we should have news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back