The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Was always on the cards... will become our new number three.
Is anyone else sick of Danny Morrison on commentary?? He emphasizes the wrong words!

So, would allowing imports to play in the shield improve the comp?

i.e Imagine having some decent international spinners floating around in the state comp.

I know it would prevent exposure for some of our young spinners, but they could also learn from them. The batsmen would then at least be exposed to high quality spin early on.

just a thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, would allowing imports to play in the shield improve the comp?

i.e Imagine having some decent international spinners floating around in the state comp.

I know it would prevent exposure for some of our young spinners, but they could also learn from them. The batsmen would then at least be exposed to high quality spin early on.

just a thought.

I agree with the idea. There's no better way to learn than to play against 'em. Also, it helps the bowlers learn too.

We have always struggled in the sub-continent(UAE-yes I know, not geographically part of the sub-continent but it is very hot), we play to much of the short form and we cannot adjust to the conditions when we go over, dropping easy catches and shots like maxwells do not help, maybe we don't have the mental ability to graft out a 5 day test in the sub-continent. Don't worry lads, we will smash India on our bouncy wickets and everything will be fine again:).

Which is overrated. The guy had talent, but has real issues applying it.

Agree. He has some flair with the bat, and, obviously, the ability to play an innings out of the box every now and then.

He 'aint no bowler though.

Net bowler only. I see he made a duck, which sort of shot did he play this time? Trying to play a ramp shot to an inswinging Yorker perhaps?

Chopped it on from Morne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back