General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

No I love the current one. It's just synonymous with our club now. I'd happily keep it forever.

Essendon_logo.jpg

Anyone genuinely think that ^^^ looks bad? :confused:
Just dicking about on Photoshop, have a (very) rough idea;

View attachment 62313
If we were going to change, this isn't bad.

Anyone genuinely think that ^^^ looks bad? :confused:

If we were going to change, this isn't bad.

Yeah me. It's 2015, let's get rid of that tacky late 90s artwork and go for something with a bit more of a traditional feel about it, and something that actually looks like an aircraft, not some cartoony shite that looks like a character from Pixar's 'planes' movie.

The current logo is one of the most recognisable logo in Australian sport. I guess that's one reason to keep it.

I'd rather go back to something more traditional like the monogram on the Windy Hill gate as the official logo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a pixar film, do you even check your claims before you post?

Actually not a pixar film. Did have the same Executive Producer that worked on Cars, which Planes is a spin off of.

Still of the opinion that the club should overhaul the brand post potential WADA proceedings after seeing a birthday cake emblazoned with the bomber logo and several pills and needles

A different logo isn't going to stop people from putting needles on it and taking the piss...

If we're found guilty I'd be down for a change, if not then leave it as it is.

Back