Player Watch Jack Crisp

Remove this Banner Ad

Once crisp get 50 to 75 under his belt you will see how good he really is learning off pendelbury he will be a gun he reminds me of a left foot Dane Swan he's ability to not get knocked off the ball and to break through tackles and he is a goal kicker to

... or is it that Brisbane struggle to develop their young players?

To be fair during his time at the club it was basically in turmoil starting from the board down, so it's no surprise that younger players A) wanted to leave at the time and B) possibly didn't get the sort of development you'd hope to get into your new kids.

It's pretty much always the case though that the desire of a player to succeed and the work ethic that comes from that desire is a big factor in whether they make it (and achieve their full potential) or not - I guess being somewhat less skilled than your average draftee at the time (the knock on him was with his kicking) might have made a player like Crispo really knuckle down on the training track so that he was ready for his opportunity when it came at the end of last year (and subsequently when he crossed over to us).

Last edited:

She's a solid 10. He's a solid 7.

10? You reckon?

Based off that photo alone, which could be either a good or bad photo, I'd put the face at a 6 at best and the body at 8 to be generous. So let's go a 7 overall. I'd actually put Crispy at far closer to 8 myself. Good looking kid.

10? You reckon?

Based off that photo alone, which could be either a good or bad photo, I'd put the face at a 6 at best and the body at 8 to be generous. So let's go a 7 overall. I'd actually put Crispy at far closer to 8 myself. Good looking kid.

well some of us are impressed by things other than just visual appearance. I'm impressed by people who can tightly pack items into confined spaces.

what a pick up! the talk of him being poor by foot when we got him is a distant memory, his low hard precision kicks in tight situations are excellent and he has been consistent all year. deserves a lot of credit for making that transition.

what a pick up! the talk of him being poor by foot when we got him is a distant memory, his low hard precision kicks in tight situations are excellent and he has been consistent all year. deserves a lot of credit for making that transition.

and How much he has Improved since getting to the Club

How high is this guy's ceiling? He just keeps improving, and Bucks' comments in the presser were pretty telling, I thought.

Has now shown he's capable of high 20-30 possession games against good opposition, and is leading or nearly leading club in a number of key stat categories.

Just needs to start nailing gettable set shots and maybe using his height a bit better in marking contests to pretty much be an A grade player.

Thank you Brisbane for not giving us Aish, so very generous to offload your best young midfielder, pick 5 and 25 as well.

Cue ROFL copter / face palm statue pic.

and How much he has Improved since getting to the Club
How high is this guy's ceiling? He just keeps improving, and Bucks' comments in the presser were pretty telling, I thought.

Has now shown he's capable of high 20-30 possession games against good opposition, and is leading or nearly leading club in a number of key stat categories.

Just needs to start nailing gettable set shots and maybe using his height a bit better in marking contests to pretty much be an A grade player.

Thank you Brisbane for not giving us Aish, so very generous to offload your best young midfielder, pick 5 and 25 as well.

Cue ROFL copter / face palm statue pic.
Thanks for Jack Crisp Lions, and hopefully we can get Aish for a third rounder at this next trade period.
Just go here to thank those who have obsessive hatred to us magpies as they search for someone to blame for there poor season. crispo is playing great and it must be annoying the lions watching him play at a higher level in performance.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/non-lions-footy-discussion.1062472/page-307

Just go here to thank those who have obsessive hatred to us magpies as they search for someone to blame for there poor season. crispo is playing great and it must be annoying the lions watching him play at a higher level in performance.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/non-lions-footy-discussion.1062472/page-307

Pertinent to thank them for their generous trading then I reckon

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...ng-on-the-wooden-spoon.1104718/#post-39739425

Very happy with Crisp. 31 possessions on the weekend. Is starting to develop some real consistency and is improving all the time...couldnt ask for more from this guy.

Would you trade De Goey, Greenwood and Crisp for Dayne Beams? No chance!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy with Crisp. 31 possessions on the weekend. Is starting to develop some real consistency and is improving all the time...couldnt ask for more from this guy.

what needs to also be mentioned is that not only did he get 31 possessions he kept Shuey to 13..

If Macaffer gets fit and works his way back in and does his tagging role then Crisp will be let off the leash fully! Still cant believe how young and inexperienced this guy is!
I love McCaffer and his commitment to the club and getting the most out of himself, but I think that for him to get back in the team will not be as a Tagging Mid as he is way to defensive. and Crisp has proven that he can " Tag " whilst still being offensive and damaging. I believe that he is averaging around 5.5 clearances a game and would be almost around 1 goal a game also

I love McCaffer and his commitment to the club and getting the most out of himself, but I think that for him to get back in the team will not be as a Tagging Mid as he is way to defensive. and Crisp has proven that he can " Tag " whilst still being offensive and damaging. I believe that he is averaging around 5.5 clearances a game and would be almost around 1 goal a game also

Yeah i did think about this. Perhaps if caff gets back in he would come in as a forward? He has shown he can play there..

Anyway back on topic, Crisp to the bont this week?

what needs to also be mentioned is that not only did he get 31 possessions he kept Shuey to 13..

That's just an astonishingly good performance and the kid deserves so much credit for it.

So many of us were unsure of what the hell we were getting. Turns out we got an absolute gun. You can tell he's loving it too by the way he carries himself and the way he celebrates a goal.

Thanks Brisbane!

While we all know they are different players...Interesting to note their stats at a similar age....

Dayne Beams, aged 21. Had already played 43 games.

2011 season...16 games

ave disposals = 22.8, 21 goals

upload_2015-7-22_18-32-27.png

Jack Crisp. 21 years of age. Had played 18 games.

2015 season...15 games

ave disposals = 22.2, 15 goals

upload_2015-7-22_18-34-37.png
So much more than steak knives!!

Lol... Just read this on the Brians board... They're such a depressing disappointment of a side that they just can't help but bag out a side who has: more injuries, more talent, more Jack Crisp and MORE WINS WITH A YOUNGER LIST.

Not even close to the best sides, is Collingwood. Finals series would be poorer with them in it.

Con artists.

The con artist comment seems ironic considering the lions were supposedly going to be world beaters this year with their mega stars Aish, Beams and of course Robinson...

Lol... Just read this on the Brians board... They're such a depressing disappointment of a side that they just can't help but bag out a side who has: more injuries, more talent, more Jack Crisp and MORE WINS WITH A YOUNGER LIST.

The con artist comment seems ironic considering the lions were supposedly going to be world beaters this year with their mega stars Aish, Beams and of course Robinson...

Jezz - There are some Real Idiots over there.

They where the Ones that Traded Crisp

Brisbane certainly under estimated Crisps ability, if they had their time again they would have let Aish go as part of the trade instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back