Toast Jack Sinclair

Remove this Banner Ad

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Jack Sinclair

Wow is all I can say. Not since Joey I think have we had a guy who has basically improved at the rate Sincs has every year. We always knew he was talented with his skill. However, the confidence he now has in his ability is out of this world. As far as I’m concerned he is in the elite category of half backs with Lachie Whitfield. As passionate as they come and a silent assassin. When he has the ball something good will happan. He has also developed on probably his only two weaknesses. Overall ball winning and defensive work in one on one’s. I just love this guy so much. It’s no surprise to me that our scoring efficiency has gone up in line with him winning more of the ball.

Once Clark and Jones get back were gonna have a seriously versatile weapon on our hands.

Still don’t think we get enough credit for our drafting of Sinclair and Wilkie and Ro. If they played for other teams, we would get way more plaudits. Regardless he’s ours and he’s a star.

Attachments

• 9F7D0ED7-210E-443A-9B31-15E6378E24DB.png
    9F7D0ED7-210E-443A-9B31-15E6378E24DB.png
    3 MB · Views: 90

Joey's a good comparison in terms of rate of improvement at a similar age. Is genuinely elite in his role now.

Also funny to think Sinclair was drafted as Billings mate from the rookie draft. Although I still have faith Billings can become elite if he stays injury free, he's well and truly been surpassed in importance to our team by Sinclair.

If you told me 3-4 years ago that Sincs would be potentially a top 30 player in the comp, I'd have laughed in your face. He didn't look up to it back then. What a turnaround. Love me some mullet action running down the wings and through the middle.

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's been great watching him develop under Ratten. From starting outside the 22 in 2020, before finding a sort of floating role in the back half of the season. To then go to a half back role and flourish over the last year and a bit. It does make me wish we had moved him there years ago, but we should still get five odd years of Sincs dominating at half back with the odd stint in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

35 is the perfect number for him, the way he hits up his 20-30m passes

It's turned out to be a very fitting number for him. I'm sure Robert Harvey must love watching Sinclair play in a similar style to him with his non-stop running and ability to pinpoint passes, although he may not have enjoyed watching him so much on Sunday as an assistant coach for Hawthorn.

I originally chose the number 35 in my username for Harvey as he was my favourite Saints player at the time along with Tony Lockett but now my favourite Saints player is Sinclair so it's quite fortuitous that he has the same number.

Jack Sinclair

Wow is all I can say. Not since Joey I think have we had a guy who has basically improved at the rate Sincs has every year. We always knew he was talented with his skill. However, the confidence he now has in his ability is out of this world. As far as I’m concerned he is in the elite category of half backs with Lachie Whitfield. As passionate as they come and a silent assassin. When he has the ball something good will happan. He has also developed on probably his only two weaknesses. Overall ball winning and defensive work in one on one’s. I just love this guy so much. It’s no surprise to me that our scoring efficiency has gone up in line with him winning more of the ball.

Once Clark and Jones get back were gonna have a seriously versatile weapon on our hands.

Still don’t think we get enough credit for our drafting of Sinclair and Wilkie and Ro. If they played for other teams, we would get way more plaudits. Regardless he’s ours and he’s a star.
It’s rare that one can relax when a player gets the ball in a tight situation in the middle. Sinclair has that rare ability to simply make the best decision every time and execute to perfection.

It’s rare that one can relax when a player gets the ball in a tight situation in the middle. Sinclair has that rare ability to simply make the best decision every time and execute to perfection.
It’s crazy isn’t like I said not since Dal or BJ have we had that. His kicks inside 50 were sublime. I think he’s up there with Whitfield as best half backs in the comp

Yep excellent decision maker, good user, possibly the best player below his knees in footy and has great lateral movement even at high pace. Can run all day and play loose or contested. He's a prototype modern player with very few weaknesses and deficiencies. You'd love to clone him.

He's been my boy since we picked him up so it's really great to see him reach such consistent heights over the last season and a half.

Funny to think how he started out looking like a very straight-laced character who wouldn't have a hair out of place after a game, to a beast with a flowing graceful mullet. Have to think the hair has played a part here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back