Rumour Jake Carlisle moving to Carlton 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yarran + Hendo + Cripps + our first rounder should get it done. Pretty sure the Bombers would still consider themselves hard done by.

Let's face it; Carlisle is a streaky sook who hasn't put together a full season yet. Yes, he has potential, but he also has WADA hanging over his head. 2nd rounder at most. Maybe throw in Matthew Watson as steak knives.

Again, would want Dodoros head.

Seem to have unintentionally started a bit of a debate.

Of course if you think Carlisle is going to be suspended, his worth is a lot less. I think clubs will be happy to take him on anyway - they did with Ryder.

And people here are valuing his worth as a forward (a second rounder + Watson, are you ******* kidding me, and Essendon fans get the bum rap for delusional trade ideas???), not as a defender. If Hurley didn't have s**t wrists Carlisle would have continued his development as a defender and I imagine most clubs will be prepared to pay for his expected output as a defender.

I love it. Keep getting told how s**t Carlisle is, yet keep seeing same people offer to trade him into their team.

So s**t, yet they want him.

Never change Big Footy
Maybe some middle ground is needed. Carlisle isn't as good as what some Essendon supporters think he is.

Maybe some middle ground is needed. Carlisle isn't as good as what some Essendon supporters think he is.
Agreed, his potential as a defender is worth more than a 2nd rounder though. Hell, even those saying he's not worth a top 5 pick are basing it off supposed potential of kids never to have played a game, yet their potential is worth more than a still young but now ready KPP who has shown good at both ends.

I am a rarity on Big Footy though as I rate draft picks not as highly as others on here do.

Might be a good wakeup to Essendon fans and board members if it did happen.

Might be a good wakeup to Essendon fans and board members if it did happen.
Blaming Essendon fans for the club being unable to retain it's players?

My god, I'd take Henderson and Yarran over Carlisle every day of the week. Henderson is nearly as good a backman as Carlisle anyway, and Yarran could be anything if he got his attitude sorted. Plus, WADA.

My god, I'd take Henderson and Yarran over Carlisle every day of the week. Henderson is nearly as good a backman as Carlisle anyway, and Yarran could be anything if he got his attitude sorted. Plus, WADA.

Either of them and a second rounder might be about right.

Both Clubs would probably feel like they're being shafted a bit - which is normally the measure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calling someone delusional and then saying he will 'probably' miss 24 months. I think I know which of us is in fairy land mate.

The players seem to think that this is a possibility given the way they are playing, hence potential suitors think it is a possibility.

I can see Freo fishing Zac Clarke around. Will most likely chase Luenbeger as FA.

I'd do Zac Clarke and our 1st for Carlise and Essendons 2nd.

Both young guys. Both fill an immediate need for each team. If we don't throw a pick in a may be a young Vic mid. Either way this seems fair.

Last edited:
Jeez - I thought I was reading the Ryder trade thread all over again!!!

There is just no way to deal with Essendon.... The thing with this deal though is that Carlton have a very realistic threat of taking Jake in the PSD where Port didnt with Ryder!!!

Henderson and Yarran to leave.

The picks Carlton get from them should mean they have the means to get Carlisle over in a trade.

Salary isn't a problem.

Comes down to Carlisle wanting to leave and wanting to go to a bottom side. He might be looking at the $$$ he can get though rather than immediate premiership hopes.

You could probably make a case to say that Carlton have better short term prospects than his current team.

They're a bottom team that has at least started the rebuild process, Essendon haven't even identified that they need one yet.

Bombers are currently where Blues were this time last year. :oops:

I am a rarity on Big Footy though as I rate draft picks not as highly as others on here do.
Nah I agree.

Too many good players getting around who were taken at later draft positions, which suggests draft position is certainly not the be and all. Handy, gives you first dibs yada yada, but not the absolute answer to success (as a Blues fans I'd know!).

Agree with HBF also. Carlisle probably gets way overrated by Bomber fans but at the same time he's not the spud some others would try make him out to be.

The players seem to think that this is a possibility given the way they are playing, hence potential suitors think it is a possibility.

One bright spark that thinks a 24 month ban is looming, and another that thinks he knows what the players think.

It really is quite easy to spot the thinkers amongst us.

Jeez - I thought I was reading the Ryder trade thread all over again!!!

There is just no way to deal with Essendon.... The thing with this deal though is that Carlton have a very realistic threat of taking Jake in the PSD where Port didnt with Ryder!!!

Unless Carlton are planning on finishing last, they have slim to no chance of taking Carlisle in the PSD.

And as for the Ryder trade, the ooga booga clause was mentioned quite frequently in attempting to extract Ryder from the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back