Rumour Jake Carlisle to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

the Doggies could do with him. an since they already have a coach JC prolly prefers that than not knowing who the carlton Coach will be, but JC could even end up at Hawthorn also, they still got plenty of money left over from Buddy Franklin, but i wouldnt pay JC anymore than $540k a season

I would.

Age 23, proven CHB, occasional match winning forward, can pinch hit in the ruck.

Worth every penny of $700k a year.

Pick him up with Weitering at pick 2 and you've got your KPDs locked down for the better part of a decade.

I would.

Age 23, proven CHB, occasional match winning forward, can pinch hit in the ruck.

Worth every penny of $700k a year.

Pick him up with Weitering at pick 2 and you've got your KPDs locked down for the better part of a decade.
JC aint worth $700k . if he was a consistent Forward an Defender i'd say yeah, but he's only good as a defender, you'd play JC as a Ruck if you had no other option like Essendon did last year. even Bomber has said it himself, " you wouldnt pay him over the odds to keep him " this is whet Geelong are an have been good at, they dont pay over to keep or get good players.

Question. What would you pay for a player who has a 2 year suspension for doping still hanging over his head?

Only sane answer. Nothing in trade and no more than $500k.

Take him in the PSD for $500k or walk away.

You can only play in one position at any given time genius.

That's like saying you wouldn't pay Rance 800k because he's only a consistent defender.
, Rance is IMO a player that can play any position an plays well , JC isnt that kinda player. itss like Ryder, he aint worth the 750k a year he's getting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe, i did say " Any Position " i didnt just say Forward. you did

Well you said Rance can play in any position and play well but Carlisle can't.

Rance is a defender. He hasn't played in the ruck before. So what position are you talking about when you say "any position" if not Forward?

Are you on meth?

Why am I even arguing with you?

If I was his manager I would tell Dogs, Saints, Hawks, North, tigers if he wants to stay in Vic, but why would he leave a possible exodus club (us) to go to another (Blues)? Would have to be either a complete idiot or very badly advised.

Truth is that JC is worth what the market will bear. There is a premium attached to tall KPP, particularly those with demonstrated versatility and some decent runs on the board; add in a relatively young age of 23-24.

If we are talking salary in the new, post expansion salary inflating world I'd say $700k is about right.

Truth is that JC is worth what the market will bear. There is a premium attached to tall KPP, particularly those with demonstrated versatility and some decent runs on the board; add in a relatively young age of 23-24.

If we are talking salary in the new, post expansion salary inflating world I'd say $700k is about right.
Need to factor in the likelihood of the Salary Cap going up 50% as part of the new TV rights deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back