Rumour Jake Carlisle to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree it would strengthen... but additional strengthening required if a 1st year is expected to hold down CHB... and your two back pockets cant hit a pass...
Most pts against.. so definitely worth going hard at Carlisle.. but some speed and foot skill from backline is critical in my view to improving on current.. JC alone will not make a difference..

Sam Rowe is a solid citizen but gets caught out from time to time but good cheap back up to have both end of the ground..

Buckley played that HBF role as line breaker which Yarran usually does. Hoping he plays across half forward.

Hoping to add Bailey Rice in the mix across half back.

One thing is for sure the Carlton team next season will be really young.

100% agree.. and trust me I know how it feels..
Hopefully the off field changes matches the same passion and drive that occured for us..
This finals series I was staggered at the amount of ex Blues who starred on the big stage... Jacobs. . Kennedy. .Betts.. Waite..
That has been blues recent demise.. poor leadership and decision-making

Kennedy was traded for Judd, so I think we can state that as a win win for both clubs.
Jacobs wanted to go back to SA.
Waite didn't want to go through a rebuild and took a 2 year deal from North over a 1 year deal from us
Betts was a mistake. We should have tried harder to keep him.

Kennedy was traded for Judd, so I think we can state that as a win win for both clubs.
Jacobs wanted to go back to SA.
Waite didn't want to go through a rebuild and took a 2 year deal from North over a 1 year deal from us
Betts was a mistake. We should have tried harder to keep him.
Judd & Armfield for Josh Kennedy & Chris Masten...
The Win Win will certainly favour the eagles in the end... but I dont discount Judd is a champ.. and well worth any slight edge in who won the deal..
Jacobs wanted to go home because too much value was placed internally on Kruezer & Warnock...
Hopefully Blues go hard at rebuild this time for your sake.. shopping Krueze around shows good intent.. if it landed compo pick at 2.. goldmine!
Its hard enough to find match winners.. but to lose so many frm your squad must be frustrating...

Judd & Armfield for Josh Kennedy & Chris Masten...
The Win Win will certainly favour the eagles in the end... but I dont discount Judd is a champ.. and well worth any slight edge in who won the deal..
Jacobs wanted to go home because too much value was placed internally on Kruezer & Warnock...
Hopefully Blues go hard at rebuild this time for your sake.. shopping Krueze around shows good intent.. if it landed compo pick at 2.. goldmine!
Its hard enough to find match winners.. but to lose so many frm your squad must be frustrating...

Judd did so much for the footy club, both on and off the field.
I think with a new pres, Trigg and SOS at the club the penny has finally dropped that we have to go through a full rebuild.
First time in a long time I feel like the club is heading in the right direction with no more idiotic deals like Thomas and Jones.

Judd did so much for the footy club, both on and off the field.
I think with a new pres, Trigg and SOS at the club the penny has finally dropped that we have to go through a full rebuild.
First time in a long time I feel like the club is heading in the right direction with no more idiotic deals like Thomas and Jones.

Next minute, Carlton make a late play and come over the top of Melbourne to snag Melksham...

Bulldogs back in race...

Because Talia is looking at leaving yeah?

I would only want Carlisle in the PSD if at all. Not keen on getting any players with bans hanging over their heads, considering we still wont know the Essendon players fate until after the trade period.

I would only want Carlisle in the PSD if at all. Not keen on getting any players with bans hanging over their heads, considering we still wont know the Essendon players fate until after the trade period.
Good call.. not ideal timing forthe Blues to take a punt on them being cleared of suspension...
I was thinking same for Bullies given Crameri is on board too.. but I feel our club needs to roll dice a little more..

Unearthing Hamling from Geelong reserves last pre season has given me more confidence that mature talent can be found to address holes.. but given Carlisle age and initial form as key back.. could be a good opp to lock down our bookends..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Footscray's SC space is getting awfully close to the max ?

Seems like its out of Carlton and St Kilda for Buckets

Surely Footscray's SC space is getting awfully close to the max ?
No, we're chipping in for Griffen this year to meet the minimum 95% cap.
We can pay 105% next year under AFL rules - we're heavily front loading contracts as it is (rumoured that over 25% of Boyd's 7 year deal will be paid in 2016 alone).

Sam Rowe is a solid citizen but gets caught out from time to time but good cheap back up to have both end of the ground..

Buckley played that HBF role as line breaker which Yarran usually does. Hoping he plays across half forward.

Hoping to add Bailey Rice in the mix across half back.

One thing is for sure the Carlton team next season will be really young.
But does it have to be so young that we're uncompetitive? I understand we need a rebuild, but along with the kids, I can't see a problem with looking at blokes like Carlisle, maybe Talia now, Walker from the cats. A rebuild won't work if the kids don't get some support and learn to win. Otherwise there's a risk they will develop a losing culture/mentality.

But does it have to be so young that we're uncompetitive? I understand we need a rebuild, but along with the kids, I can't see a problem with looking at blokes like Carlisle, maybe Talia now, Walker from the cats. A rebuild won't work if the kids don't get some support and learn to win. Otherwise there's a risk they will develop a losing culture/mentality.
Would you trade Gibbs to Port for pick 9?

Would you trade Gibbs to Port for pick 9?
I reckon Carlton would... me personally, if it were my call, no way in the world. I know there's plenty of player movement these days, but some blokes are part of the fibre of a club, for me Gibbs is that sort of player for Carlton.
Great question by the way.

Remember when Aaron Hamill had a choice between staying at Carlton or coming to us? Yeah think big Jake is gonna make the same choice ;)

No pick 4 this time though, and no Sam Cranage either :p

Remember when Aaron Hamill had a choice between staying at Carlton or coming to us? Yeah think big Jake is gonna make the same choice ;)

No pick 4 this time though, and no Sam Cranage either :p
Not really the same thing. Once Hamill had decided to leave Carlton, he knew where he wanted to go. He was only faced with one decision, "stay or go"... Carlisle on the other hand is faced with two decisions 1. Stay or go? And 2. Where do I go now? He may very well choose the Saints, I would, but the two circumstances are quite different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back