Toast Jake Lever Rd 17 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Really want to find someone on here that knows him from before AFC. I've now heard some great stories from a few different sources about his family etc. Also heard he goes reasonably well in the boxing ring.

Beware The rising snake! Well done!
snake.jpg

I was one who wished we'd gone with a mid with our first rounder. The fact that he looks like an absolute JET certainly softens the blow somewhat...

Has not looked out of place for a second since his debut. Even the times he's been out-marked by a bigger body he almost exudes an "Enjoy it while you can" vibe. A bit like how we used to beat GWS...

In his first radio interview on 5aa he sounded like a seasoned pro. Seemed like an AFL player in waiting. A few posters on here predicted that he'd play a significant number games in Year 1. A skinny key position player coming off a reco... don't key position players take longer? :eek:

What was really noticeable on the weekend was that many players struggled to read the ball in the tricky wind whereas Jake was constantly in the right place. Similarly some players struggled to hit targets in the difficult conditions but Lever hit almost every target.

Ogilvie had big shoes to fill but with Cameron and Lever he's already got two players that will almost be in our Best 10 going in to next season. And did it without single figure draft picks. Very pleasing.

Good on you Adelaide Crows for drafting probably the most underrated player in the draft. He was a steel at 14.

Great teams like the current Hawks are built on great defenders and Talia along with Jake are the future of the best back line the Crows are likely to have ever produced. Liard is going great, Jaensch was all Australian form before his ACL and will be back. Add Otten who hopefully will re-establish himself and plenty of other player to backup the future is bright. Only we will have to wait til next year to get them all together.

Jake you are an outright star of the future, you read the ball well, you're a great decision maker on whether to mark or punch, clean ball skills and you pick out players with beautiful kicking and your calm in a crisis you seem to have lots of time - sign of the champion.

Jake is our most impressive draft for a number of years. :):):):)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just be thankful that both of Shaw and Hartigan were absolute puke for the first 3 quarters on Saturday.
They were Scott Stevens level of puke which didn't save Phil.

It's within the realms of possibility...

I propose a riot should the unthinkable happen.

I wonder how Collingwood fans are coping. They were utensil-a-hoot over Darcy Moore (mind you, I don't blame them) winning the award this week.

I wonder how Collingwood fans are coping. They were utensil-a-hoot over Darcy Moore (mind you, I don't blame them) winning the award this week.
How many goals was he gifted though? Got gifted 3 goals running into the goal square and hadn't kicked a goal prior to this game. I would've been dirty but not surprised if snake got passed over

Beware The rising snake! Well done!
snake.jpg
Frogs don't normally like snakes, but there are exceptions...

Well done Jake & recruiting team.

Just know he is a gun as not just ability but his mental will to win & do better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back