Rumour James Aish to re-sign with Brisbane Lions for 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

If Aish is smart and he does leave he should go the Hawks, last place he should go is Collingwood. The way they're going under Bucks they will be lucky to make the finals in the next few years. Hawthorn have success, Collingwood just talk about it.

If Aish is smart and he does leave he should go the Hawks, last place he should go is Collingwood. The way they're going under Bucks they will be lucky to make the finals in the next few years. Hawthorn have success, Collingwood just talk about it.
Lol no biased hatred towards collingwoodO in that post at all ;)

If aish does nominate collingwood I can see the trade being a 3 way between collingwood Brisbane and saints

Collingwood - in aish. out- freeman and 2nd round pick
stkilda - in freeman out - 2nd round pick
Brisbane - in coll & stk 2nd round picks out- aish
Is a good outcome for all clubs

That would be a good deal for Pies and the Aints but I doubt Brisbane will jump at 2 second round picks in a shallow draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've already topped Box Hill up with O'Rourke,don't need to add to it with Aish.
They're both highly talented juniors who could develop into very good players, which is exactly what we need going forward.

Remember a while ago I posted on BF that James Aish's Uncle, the Legend Michael Aish, told Rowie who is close friends of the family that he would never go to Port, would never go to Victoria and would most likely stay at Brisbane?
Looks like it was on the money.
Leppa and the CEO will look like wankas for giving him such a hard time in the media. And they wonder why everyone wants out?
Compare how Adelaide have spoken about Danger in the press compared to the pathetic way Aish was at the Lions.
It also came through his Uncle that when James was dropped he went in to see Leppa and asked what he would have to do to get back in the team. Leppas answer was "sign a contract".
Michael Aish and legend don't go in the same category.While Kernahan,Bradley,Motley,Platten and the likes moved to the far stronger VFL comp and actually became legends.Aish stayed home running around in the B grade.

Michael Aish and legend don't go in the same category.While Kernahan,Bradley,Motley,Platten and the likes moved to the far stronger VFL comp and actually became legends.Aish stayed home running around in the B grade.
Glad to hear that from an S.A person, so many w***ers actually try to equivalate the VFL v the SANFL.
t

Right, so going by that you don't rate Russell Ebert or Barrie Robran as legends of the game.

Right, so going by that you don't rate Russell Ebert or Barrie Robran as legends of the game.
It's not that you can't "rate" them, it's just that they didn't play in the top league, so you can't "rate" them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would help us with our academy picks Keays and Hipwood, if Aish was to leave it's not that bad of a deal for us.

Good call. Smart call. Because you dont really want the picks - you just want the points. So picks 24 & 26 gets you ~1500 points. With your 25% discount that would get you the equivalent of a pick 4 academy player. So yes - if u didnt have academy players then those two picks arent that great - but with two academy players looking the goods - those points would be very handy indeed. Basically youd lose Aish and get Keays in return and still have enough points left over for half of Hipwood. This would mean you end up with 4 x top 20 picks. Not a bad place to be.

Last edited:
If aish does nominate collingwood I can see the trade being a 3 way between collingwood Brisbane and saints

Collingwood - in aish. out- freeman and 2nd round pick
stkilda - in freeman out - 2nd round pick
Brisbane - in coll & stk 2nd round picks out- aish
Is a good outcome for all clubs

I like this. I think it is a good deal for everyone. I like it a lot.:thumbsu:
Also means the Pies send their first rounder to GWS for Treloar + something else (a good player or your first rounder next year).

If the Pies walk away with Aish and Treloar youd be happy with that surely?

I like this. I think it is a good deal for everyone. I like it a lot.:thumbsu:
Also means the Pies send their first rounder to GWS for Treloar + something else (a good player or your first rounder next year).

If the Pies walk away with Aish and Treloar youd be happy with that surely?
It's it best outcome for all clubs involved as far as I can see.

Yep, I think it would be a good trade period bringing in aish and treloar.

Plus your 2nd rounder to Lions as well and youd get it done.
Aish is worth a bit more than Freeman.
Hmm I could live with that, but it appears that we want more than a 2nd round pick for Freeman, we also might get a 2nd round pick for seedsman (if we do its robbery by :)) so it could get done

They're both highly talented juniors who could develop into very good players, which is exactly what we need going forward.

Yep - Developing blokes in the VFL worked with Langford, Duryea, Hartung + Hallahan looks like he will havea future at GC and Anderson is a quality kid.

Not sure why any Hawks fan would be adverse to getting Aish and sitting him at Box Hill until he's ready. Gets results.

Personally think that deal posted by Soaring Magpie would work very well for all parties, Aish to Collingwood would get Aish the exposure he wants and chance to make a name for himself, Freeman to St Kilda works for both those clubs and the draft picks to Brisbane help them get their academy players for a guy who has been rumoured to have been going for 12 months (Aish).

The question still remains is why he wants to leave. First of all it was the go home factor, now he wants to go to Victoria? Would happily have him on the hawks list, wont play many games next year tho with anderson and o'rouke there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back