James Hird facing the sack

Remove this Banner Ad

I've just been perusing and it seems that a lot of Essendon fans have turned on the board and Bomber Thompson.

When will people actually see the golden child for what he is?

When EFC is dead and buried?

I've just been perusing and it seems that a lot of Essendon fans have turned on the board and Bomber Thompson.

No different to fans of any club. It's impossible for most to not be one-eyed.

I'm looking forward to the club moving on and putting the last 7 years behind them.

I'm trying not to generalize because I know some do not represent all, but It's hard to believe some actually seem to support Hird over the club itself.
On the Essendon forum, it would seem like 95%+.

Then again, those that do not support #standbyhird have tended to keep quiet. It's too noisy over there.

Last edited:

When EFC is dead and buried?

It's staggering that the majority of their supporters still can't see or simply refuse to admit that Hirdy played a major role in what went down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the Essendon forum, it would seem like 95%+.

Then again, those that do not support #standbyhird have tended to keep quiet. It's too noisy over there.

I would expect some fans to back their hero, but he's quite obviously at fault for all this imo.

Essendon have struggled to keep Hird in check whilst he's been an employee, going to be interesting what he does if he's completely off the leash (unless essendons lawyers negotiate a water tight non disclosure agreement coupled with a fistful of dollars from the bombers as a payout of a two year contract)

Hird is not above taking Essendon with him as he pilots the plane into New York.

Its not that hard to understand. I would personally forgive Mattew Pavlich for practically anything.

FFS people, Hird hasn't murdered anyone and none of us know the truth about who knew what and what went down and even if we did its not like they were injecting them with HGH or something that heinous.

Were people really chanting bombers name?

Are you not happy unless you're following a person, and not a club?

Its not that hard to understand. I would personally forgive Mattew Pavlich for practically anything.

FFS people, Hird hasn't murdered anyone and none of us know the truth about who knew what and what went down and even if we did its not like they were injecting them with HGH or something that heinous.

So. Do you know why CJC-1295 has a serial number, not a name ?

I don't even know what that is. I haven't followed the story. It doesn't really change my point.
Its just a bit sick making to me how hateful people can be about someone who is a great of the game.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ist-stephen-dank/story-e6frf9jf-1226634945498

So. Why does CJC-1295 have a serial number, and not a name ?

Maybe, when it was going through trials, someone died ? And then ConjuChem pulled it from trials, so - hopefully - this drug, that seemingly caused possibilities of some muscle or other noth working too well, doesnt get used again.

Geez, I'd hope that drug wasnt near any footy clubs.

Sounds like it wasn't too far off though.

The problem is Hird's lack of contrition. On one hand he's close to a victim of Dank. He asked for a legal program of safe supplements. He thought what they were doing wasn't too far from other clubs and where the industry and science was heading. He saw Dank had (and amazing since has) worked for other sporting clubs. He didn't know that Dank would either break or push the ASADA code to the limit and he probably didn't understand the magnitude of injecting young men with poorly understood substances in a far from controlled and above reproach setting.

If he came forward and owned up to making a big mistake as a leader of the footy club and a responsible person and took his 12 months suspension then everyone would probably be on his side.

Instead he fought the AFL. Then on return he joins the court action which the players never joined as it was never going to binding for the players. Now he thinks about appealing the court action?

I still can't believe he wasn't sacked after the Switkowski report.
I don't understand it at all no matter how much bias there is from certain sectors. That internal report is damaging.
The talk of him coming back to a job in 2015 since has been beyond a joke. People actually thought it would happen, unbelievable. How? How does anyone come back from it all?
Essendon as stupid as they are with the #standbyhird campaign will come out of this a much much better club. Not even Brisbane with Voss or Collingwood with Buckley have this level of bias.
A lesson will be learnt, the lesson no individual is bigger than the club.
The harder Hird falls the better EFC will be in the long term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back