News Tarryn Thomas - 18 matches and sacked from North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

It's very doubtful any AFL club will go anywhere near him in the future. One of the most crushing disappointments of childhood, right up there with the truth about Santa Claus and seeing your father cry, is the realisation that you probably don't have what it takes to be a professional footballer. I tried, i thought i was pretty good, but i never grew tall enough. The door on that career path closed early and it was never to open again. Tarryn Thomas was given a golden opportunity and spat in its face. He's done!

Na, people are quick to forgive a talented sportsmen.

suspended in 2024, but if he comes back in 2025 and dominates the VFL clubs will be offering him a lifeline.

Assuming no more issues, that is.

suspended in 2024, but if he comes back in 2025 and dominates the VFL clubs will be offering him a lifeline.

yep.... Think Tyson stengle...

Stengle got cut by the crows with the drug scandal.

Played and dominated in the SANFL. Woodville west torrens won the SANFL flag and stengle was a key player.

Stengle gets drafted by the cats at the end of 2021 or early 2022. plays in Geelongs 2022 grand final win.

No issue with him playing at a lower level, some of the suburban clubs pay well these days. No issue with him playing VFL either, but he may have to wait until 2026 before any AFL team looks to give him a lifeline. He can do it if he so desires, it's all up to him and any club that will take the risk?

I can't believe I am saying this.

I think there is a slim chance Taryn Thomas can play AFL footy again.

1 percent chance.

I mean Tyson Stengle had a long road back from being dumped by the crows.

Stengle spent a season in the SANFL before ya mob recruited him

I think there is a difference between self-harm and harming others, like if you take drugs, you are self-harming. If you are a serial abuser of women then that is a significant image problem for the AFL. He is lucky he wasn't de-registered.

I think the AFL will make it difficult for him to return, they will want there to be no other future problems and I can't see there being a high level of confidence in the short-term. It is possible but I think the AFL will make it difficult for him to come back any time soon.

Apparently not s**t enough for Channel 7 to have him on Dancing with the Stars 🙄
Yes, but that is Channel 7. Backers of Ben Roberts-Smith, plus Michael Slater and Wayne Carey for longer than was really possible.
Stokes has a way of supporting, or allowing his managers and HR staff to support, some fairly shoddy characters.

Yes, but that is Channel 7. Backers of Ben Roberts-Smith, plus Michael Slater and Wayne Carey for longer than was really possible.
Stokes has a way of supporting, or allowing his managers and HR staff to support, some fairly shoddy characters.
Agreed. It's a prerequisite for Stokes. The shittier a person you are, the more he'll support you.

lol Thomas management have already fielded calls from clubs.

95% chance he plays afl next year.

The 5% is if he does something stupid between now and then.
Only 5%? I agree he will probably be on an AFL list as early as next year if nothing more comes up.

Mind you, Thomas' management has talked a lot of s**t over the years.

How do you know this?

And are you sure it's not because they manage other players who aren't pieces of s**t and who are therefore, you know, still in the system?

Look mate, we will see.

Bookmark this post, and if it doesn’t happen, I’ll admit my folly and tip my hat to you.

But I’m telling you, he will play afl next year unless he stuffs up between now and then.

Look mate, we will see.

Bookmark this post, and if it doesn’t happen, I’ll admit my folly and tip my hat to you.

But I’m telling you, he will play afl next year unless he stuffs up between now and then.

Very happy to revisit.

Suffice to say I think there's absolutely zero chance we see him again in the AFL system, let alone as soon as next season.

I think there is a difference between self-harm and harming others, like if you take drugs, you are self-harming. If you are a serial abuser of women then that is a significant image problem for the AFL. He is lucky he wasn't de-registered.

I think the AFL will make it difficult for him to return, they will want there to be no other future problems and I can't see there being a high level of confidence in the short-term. It is possible but I think the AFL will make it difficult for him to come back any time soon.

Did he physically hurt someone or was it all text messages? I haven't really been following

If it's all threats over text messages I think he'll get another shot, provided he goes back and performs in the VFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So... with this Ban.

So obviously whats the full details of the ban? Suspended for 18 weeks.

Also... I am also gonna ask ferball , Engimal v3 , TheKanga and Outtatym this as they are all respectable and honest North fans and people in general...

Because North tore up Tarryn Thomas AFL contract, does that mean North open up a mid season draft spot because of it?

Also, if Thomas is essentially banned in 2024, does that mean he can play VFL or WAFL or SANFL footy in 2025?

So... with this Ban.

So obviously whats the full details of the ban? Suspended for 18 weeks.

Also... I am also gonna ask ferball , Engimal v3 , TheKanga and Outtatym this as they are all respectable and honest North fans and people in general...

Because North tore up Tarryn Thomas AFL contract, does that mean North open up a mid season draft spot because of it?

Also, if Thomas is essentially banned in 2024, does that mean he can play VFL or WAFL or SANFL footy in 2025?

Todd Viney said he would no longer play for the club but it didn't seem like it was a termination of his contract. I think he said he would talk to his manager about a reduced payout due to repeated behavioural clause breaches of his contract but it didn't sound like we used breach of contract to terminate his contract immediately. He is just done as a player.

I am not sure about the MSD.

The club might not want to fill the spot as I think we were given +2 list spots on the list as part of the assistance package, which will expire at the end of the season and probably wont be extended and we don't have a lot of players left to get rid of. I think Greenwood and Shiels will retire end of the season, not a whole lot of others who come out of contract this year to get rid of. It isn't looking promising for Curtis Taylor but other than him and the two older players we don't have much exiting the club so we might want to hold off on putting someone else on the list. We filled our last spot with Sellers from the VFL side and other than Logue we don't have any meaningful injuries so the list is in a pretty healthy state overall atm.

Thomas isn't allowed to play football at any level for the next 18 weeks, but I think he will officially be a North player until the official list lodgement period come October. He still has access to medical staff, psychologist, indigenous officer, etc... he just wont play again and wont train at the club. I doubt the club would get in the way if he wanted to train with another club outside of the AFL system but the club hasn't made a comment about that.

I think we just want to move on and put this nightmare behind us.

Todd Viney said he would no longer play for the club but it didn't seem like it was a termination of his contract. I think he said he would talk to his manager about a reduced payout due to repeated behavioural clause breaches of his contract but it didn't sound like we used breach of contract to terminate his contract immediately. He is just done as a player.

There's simply no chance in hell Thomas and his manager agreed to a contract where North could reduce his salary if they didn't like his behavior. It's not like Thomas was desperate to stay, he could've walked to any other club.

Can't see Thomas doing North a favor and taking less money either, especially now he's unemployed.

There's simply no chance in hell Thomas and his manager agreed to a contract where North could reduce his salary if they didn't like his behavior. It's not like Thomas was desperate to stay, he could've walked to any other club.

Can't see Thomas doing North a favor and taking less money either, especially now he's unemployed.

That wasn't my opinion, it is what Viney said during an interview when he was asked about if he needed to be paid out. If you know more about player contracts than the football manager and the lawyers then sure, have at it.

This bloke needs to concentrate on sorting himself out before thinking about football.

Footy should be the least of his worries.

Its more likely his contract had behaviour clauses, North Melbourne have looked at it and said this gives us the opportunity to cancel his contract without having to pay him out the remainder because TT was the one who broke the contract.

North use this threat to negotiate a reduced payout.

It’s been established he threatened a woman with violence. I don’t know what was said, but clearly she reported it or someone did, it’s come back to the club and they’ve worked through it and other things over time and given his latest indiscretion they’ve terminated him.

You won’t get the facts. You won’t get the information you’re after. You don’t matter. The public isn’t privy to everything that goes on. It’s a workplace. People get fired for indiscretions. Just because you feel
Entitled to ‘know’ what was said doesn’t mean you’ll know exactly nor does it discount what he did.

Why the * are you wanting to know or questioning this? You don’t matter, you don’t have a right to know. People don’t get sacked for nothing. There’s no conspiracy, no agenda, nothing is being kept from you.

Get over it.
It is his way of having a swing at the club without having a public attack. Been doing it for years.

yep.... Think Tyson stengle...

Stengle got cut by the crows with the drug scandal.

Played and dominated in the SANFL. Woodville west torrens won the SANFL flag and stengle was a key player.

Stengle gets drafted by the cats at the end of 2021 or early 2022. plays in Geelongs 2022 grand final win.
Most people I know works be far more comfortable listing a guy caught with a baggie then they would a multiple DV perpetrator.

Stengle was immature. Thomas is a prick.

Unless he is found guilty by a court of something significant I would say the AFL will let him back in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back