James Hird sacked and disgraced - Caro

Remove this Banner Ad

I love it that we kept the premiership team off the front page in the week after the grand final for two years running. Especially because it's hawthorn :).

Course you would. You'd be the one of the many who would prefer to be in the news for the wrong reasons. Brand trashed, some supporters disillusioned, players pissed off, some leaving, wasting $millions. But life for you is good.

Meanwhile another club (a detested enemy) wins the premiership. I know what I'd prefer to be cheering.

I love his "in the best interests of the club" line.

So he's saying either;
A) The current leadership at the club (that employs me by the way) is incompetent
B) I am the club
because he believes the club are innocent, can win the court case against asada, and they shouldn't make a deal with asada that will label them as cheats forever

because he believes the club are innocent, can win the court case against asada, and they shouldn't make a deal with asada that will label them as cheats forever
But if the players go to the ADRVP and fight the evidence then they will be fine.

Then why doesn't he allow the process to proceed to the point where the charges are defended so the players can clear their names and thus not be labeled cheats forever? Having the investigate thrown out and injunctions to prevent it from ever happening again (which even the most die-hard EFC supporters would now agree is a 1 in 1 million chance of actually occurring) would NOT clear the players names, it would simply make them look like their case was indefensible and they got off on a technicality. The ONLY way this saga is finalized and players walk away squeeky clean is if SCN are responded to to the satisfaction of ASADA and all charges are dropped. ANYTHING less than that WILL leave a stench over the EFC.

But if the players go to the ADRVP and fight the evidence then they will be fine.

Of course they will, ASADA's evidence is flimsy at best and their case will fall apart the moment that the spot light is shone on it. That is why Hird is still fighting for the club even though the club and the players don't want him to ..................

Do you mean the players can actually see the evidence and challenge the validity of it?
Wow,hot off the press this news,perhaps it should be relayed to the EFC,that way they can stop all this nonsense and go down the correct channels to prove their innocence.
This should be posted on EFC board asap,their supporters and players deserve to know this.

It's Essendon FC you've been labelled cheats since '93 that isn't going to change whether Jimmy wins his appeal or not.

If he truly believes the club, himself and the players are innocent then the best way to prove that would be to take no deals from ASADA and face the charges, not try and cover everything up like he is attempting to do, even you must realise this?

Jimmy is trying to save no one else but Jimmy.

If he thinks the club are innocent why is he so worried about the evidence the investigation has found coming out? Surely if they are innocent there is no such evidence so he would not need to go against the clubs wishes & appeal.

He's obviously very worried about what the investigation has unveiled which is why he is so desperate to get it thrown out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lucky we can cover it

Our supporters won't go missing when things get tough, leaving us to beg the AFL for life support

Unfortunately that seems to be the attitude of the club as well. Obviously think the members will have no qualms for continually putting their hands in their pockets to pay for ridiculous (not to mention unnecessary if the club is so innocent) costly lawsuits

I cannot believe that even the most ardent fan could possibly be happy with forking out for a spoilt brat who won't be told no

Does he believe in unicorns?
not sure, ask him
but maybe he should just recognise it's not all about him, step aside, and let the club decide what their best interests are?
he probably believes winning the court action will clear everyones reputation. Not sure what makes him think others cant decide for themselves
Then why doesn't he allow the process to proceed to the point where the charges are defended so the players can clear their names and thus not be labeled cheats forever? Having the investigate thrown out and injunctions to prevent it from ever happening again (which even the most die-hard EFC supporters would now agree is a 1 in 1 million chance of actually occurring) would NOT clear the players names, it would simply make them look like their case was indefensible and they got off on a technicality. The ONLY way this saga is finalized and players walk away squeeky clean is if SCN are responded to to the satisfaction of ASADA and all charges are dropped. ANYTHING less than that WILL leave a stench over the EFC.
good question. he probably thinks none of the evidence warranted SCNs yet they still came, so their best chance is to shelve the investigation. I personally think the should fight the charges
It's Essendon FC you've been labelled cheats since '93 that isn't going to change whether Jimmy wins his appeal or not.

If he truly believes the club, himself and the players are innocent then the best way to prove that would be to take no deals from ASADA and face the charges, not try and cover everything up like he is attempting to do, even you must realise this?

Jimmy is trying to save no one else but Jimmy.
dont mistake my comment for my own opinion, i was merely stating why i thought Hird was taking this action

"Bunk Moreland, post: 35455725, member: 125179"]Lucky we can cover it

Our supporters won't go missing when things get tough, leaving us to beg the AFL for life support

If that's the case what happened with the Flight plan?

The AFL has helped fund the new base, as has the federal government, but the state government rejected the Bombers' bid for almost $5 million of funding last year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-24/dons-go-into-debt

“We have achieved over 70% of our total fundraising target for the new facility thanks in part to many generous contributions to the Flight Plan campaign.”

“However, the reality is we now need more help from our members and supporters to reduce this debt as quickly as possible.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/breaking-news-blog/essendon-goes-into-debt/20130924-2ub9t.html

UPDATE: James Hird will be removed as coach of Essendon in the coming days, with the first stage of his removal having taken place on Wednesday when the outgoing club legend was given the opportunity to resign with a nominal payout or be sacked.

Chairman Paul Little said on Thursday that the board would meet again over the weekend or early next week to discuss the strategy going forward.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...oming-days-20141002-10p3bn.html#ixzz3EyXWAAfo

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...don-coach-in-coming-days-20141002-10p3bn.html

They could be looking for a new chairman, it's possible Hird has said "I leave, if you leave"

I'm not saying there won't be some sort of negotiated payout, I doubt it is as high as people speculate.

He is basically going against a direct order from his employer! As an employee when you start doing things like that there are grounds for termination of your contract that don't involve paying out years of a contract to the dollar!
No.

An employer cannot demand an employee stop doing what is a citizen's right. And it's a citizen right to seek redress in court. So Jimmy is safe there, I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back