James Hird's Essendon story has yet to be told - The Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely that article is a pisstake.
The interesting point with Hird telling his side of the story will be if he sign a "confidentiality non-disclosure clause" when he accepted the payout, and I don't think for a minute to give away a $1mil without one, would he not then breaching that agreement?

We know that Watson, Goddard and Myers met with Polomeister and Dillon "last week". We know this was with club approval. We know the meeting got leaked. Can we assume this meeting was on the player's day off on Wednesday? We know Hird is meeting with a supporter on Thursday ahead of a favourable article to be submitted on Friday.

I don't like coincidences myself. It seems the Bombers are subtly getting onto the front foot for whatever reason.
What would Goddard be doing there? He wasn't at the Club in 2012.

Scooter @ScooterMcNeice · Feb 26
Its a very good day when Hird requests to see you. Had a great chat with a great man. Lovely to catch up with @sueanderson56 as well

Scooter @ScooterMcNeice · Feb 27
Article on Hird is finished & sent to editors of The Age. Now we wait and see if they will print. Special thanks to Rohan Connolly for help

I've highlighted the dates on those tweets ... no reason. Lots of good quotes from the under-9s coach, league administrator etc.

Both tweets now deleted :D

Because it was contrived.

I get tired of all the letters of support constantly stating Mr. Hird will tell his story but he's not allowed to. Where are they getting this information from. The content and substance in all the comments of public support infer Mr. Hird is constrained and so forth. By virtue of this drivel, Mr. Hird must be advising and relating information to form the basis of the comments.

If proceedings are issued to parties from Mr. Hird I don't think our legal system appreciates opening claim submissions via the media.

We know that Watson, Goddard and Myers met with Polomeister and Dillon "last week". We know this was with club approval. We know the meeting got leaked. Can we assume this meeting was on the player's day off on Wednesday? We know Hird is meeting with a supporter on Thursday ahead of a favourable article to be submitted on Friday.

I don't like coincidences myself. It seems the Bombers are subtly getting onto the front foot for whatever reason.

Nicely spotted! Could it be that Gil Mac was cluing the players into how the PR would play from here on, that got back to Hirdy and he decided to strike first?

Gil: Gentlemen, welcome to my lair.
Watson: Why are you talking like that?
Gil: Can I interest you in an... aperitif?
Goddard: Knock it off, poloboy, and tell us why we're here.
Gil: Awww, that's the way Andrew always began a meeting...
Watson: Never mind that crap, if you don't get to the point soon I'm going to have a sit-down strike on your doorstep. Try me!
Gil: Okay, okay, I've had word that the tribunal isn't looking good, boys. It's time to resume Andrew's aborted Plan J - Escaped Goat Hird.
Goddard: Is that what I think it is?
Gil: Yep, we give the footy public the scalp they need to sate their bloodlust, while continuing to paint you guys as the innocent pawns. We might be able to get you off with 2 weeks and the public won't bat an eyelid while they feast on Hird.
Goddard: Oh, that's not what I thought it was at all... Why the * am I even here?
Gil: I like red-heads, especially with a Hitler Youth look about them, but that's not important right now. The key is that you all continue to support Hird publicly so that you get even more sympathy from the fans for your blind foolishness, yes?
Watson: The Master will not be well pleased.
Gil: He's finished in this town. Mmwwwaaahhhaaahahhhahhaaaa. Any questions?
Myers: Umm, I thought there was going to be food...?
Gil: Canapes are at 7pm, so I trust you'll all be seated by then. Ahh... do you like gladiator movies?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicely spotted! Could it be that Gil Mac was cluing the players into how the PR would play from here on, that got back to Hirdy and he decided to strike first?

Gil: Gentlemen, welcome to my lair.
Watson: Why are you talking like that?
Gil: Can I interest you in an... aperitif?
Goddard: Knock it off, poloboy, and tell us why we're here.
Gil: Awww, that's the way Andrew always began a meeting...
Watson: Never mind that crap, if you don't get to the point soon I'm going to have a sit-down strike on your doorstep. Try me!
Gil: Okay, okay, I've had word that the tribunal isn't looking good, boys. It's time to resume Andrew's aborted Plan J - Escaped Goat Hird.
Goddard: Is that what I think it is?
Gil: Yep, we give the footy public the scalp they need to sate their bloodlust, while continuing to paint you guys as the innocent pawns. We might be able to get you off with 2 weeks and the public won't bat an eyelid while they feast on Hird.
Goddard: Oh, that's not what I thought it was at all... Why the **** am I even here?
Gil: I like red-heads, especially with a Hitler Youth look about them, but that's not important right now. The key is that you all continue to support Hird publicly so that you get even more sympathy from the fans for your blind foolishness, yes?
Watson: The Master will not be well pleased.
Gil: He's finished in this town. Mmwwwaaahhhaaahahhhahhaaaa. Any questions?
Myers: Umm, I thought there was going to be food...?
Gil: Canapes are at 7pm, so I trust you'll all be seated by then.
I think it would work better if Myers just uttered "David Myers", ala "Matt Damon" in Team America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back