James Sicily returns from ACL, Captains the club, signs on for life and wins the PCM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sicily isn’t a genuine KPD in a stronger side than Hawthorn. We have played him a fair bit there because our KPDs are young/injured. He is competing with Stewart in the AA squad for that third tall intercept spot and Stewart is the master of it in a team which has dominated in 2022.
What a load of s**t. Sicily isn't a genuine KPD? Yet he played there in a bottom team, with a weak midfield, playing a game style that was vulnerable to turnovers - and he absolutely dominated! Highly rated by Champion Data and in the AFLCA votes.

What a load of s**t. Sicily isn't a genuine KPD? Yet he played there in a bottom team, with a weak midfield, playing a game style that was vulnerable to turnovers - and he absolutely dominated! Highly rated by Champion Data and in the AFLCA votes.
Being a good key defender in a side that concedes considerably less I50s = much harder, super impressive... apparently.

Anyways I'm trying not to get too worked up about it, the selectors are agenda driven jokes so it's a waste of time feeling pissed off about it.
The selection panel speaks for itself. I reckon my posting history is such that I rarely buy into any hysteria on media, umpiring, individual awards, bias etc. But this one really is a stinker. He’s been the best defender in the comp in 2022. But it doesn’t matter at the end of the day

I predict he will miss. Nobody watches our games. Everytime they review our games in the media you can tell they are reading talking points provided by others. They have no idea.
Never in doubt

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion coming up.

In that AA back 6, May and Taylor are genuinely KPDs, Stewart is the third tall / interceptor, Sinclair is the small mop up / accumulator, Saad is the line breaker and Maynard the physical stay at home medium defender.

Blicavs is the utility who plays off the bench and can go back/mid/fwd.

Sicily isn’t a genuine KPD in a stronger side than Hawthorn. We have played him a fair bit there because our KPDs are young/injured. He is competing with Stewart in the AA squad for that third tall intercept spot and Stewart is the master of it in a team which has dominated in 2022.
HAHAHAHA you're kidding, Stewart missed 6 games, he got tagged and had average games, he isn't close to Sicily as a versatile defender, and their stats for intercepts and rebounds aren't close either, Sicily is the best intercept & rebound defender in the league and he defends.

The best pure defender in the league and he gets snubbed. JOKE!

Any hawthorn supporter that thinks Sicily didnt deserve to be in the AA side? Really? Its been a recurring theme for us and individual awards. Its to be expected i guess but for those hawthorn claiming others should be in the side shame on you.

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Any hawthorn supporter that thinks Sicily didnt deserve to be in the AA side? Really? Its been a recurring theme for us and individual awards. Its to be expected i guess but for those hawthorn claiming others should be in the side shame on you.

Embarrassed Shame GIF
It's been quite a nice moment of shared outrage, board optimists and board pessimists alike. Pretty much only one poster who makes bad takes part of his personality is going against the grain.

What makes this decision so bizzare is that Sicily is just as easily the best overall defender in the league by the same margin that Max Gawn is the best ruckman or Jerey Cameron the best Key Forward (the amount of AFL Coaches votes he received backs that statement up).

A truelly, bizzare, awful decision made by a bunch of have been flogs TBH

Remove this Banner Ad

Back