Racing January Daily Punt: It's a kind of Magic... Millions

Remove this Banner Ad

😞 That derby win was special and a bit of a fill up for the board if i remember correctly. 🚀

What about when he was $4 in the AJC Derby against complete walkers :(

Full random question.

Has anyone been to the racing in Japan?

Looking at going to the Japanese St Ledger in October, but can't find much info about crowd sizes, tickets, ext.

Anyone know anything/have any tips to get tickets?

I'm a Moonee Valley member so don't know if I can pull a reciprocal rights type of deal at all, probably not

Full random question.

Looking at going to the Japanese St Ledger in October, but can't find much info about crowd sizes, tickets, ext.

I'm a Moonee Valley member so don't know if I can pull a reciprocal rights type of deal at all, probably not

I've never been but if you email the MVRC they should tell you if there are any reciprocal arrangements.

Probably better off retiring now anyway. The myth of what could have been more alluring than what he would have likely turned into based on the history of 3yo stayers

Full random question.

I've been. But it wasn't a big race day just a regular weekday meet. They were actually awesomely accommodating with helping you to punt. They had these things that were in English which you put over your Japanese bet slip so you knew what to fill in.

Went to Japan with the darl, I went to the races she went shopping. I burnt through all my cash at the races then had to quickly on the way back to the hotel hit an obviously ridiculously overpriced atm for cash out to pretend I hadn't lost all my cash. The things you do

The year was 2014 though and we were travelling in October/November and on the morning of the cup we were heading to some other remote part of Japan and before we left the hotel I had the last 100 in my account on Protectionist at 8s fixed with tab. Turned on global roaming on a train to Nara to watch the big boy get home and all was forgiven about my horrific day at the races in Tokyo

I've been. But it wasn't a big race day just a regular weekday meet. They were actually awesomely accommodating with helping you to punt. They had these things that were in English which you put over your Japanese bet slip so you knew what to fill in.

Went to Japan with the darl, I went to the races she went shopping. I burnt through all my cash at the races then had to quickly on the way back to the hotel hit an obviously ridiculously overpriced atm for cash out to pretend I hadn't lost all my cash. The things you do

The year was 2014 though and we were travelling in October/November and on the morning of the cup we were heading to some other remote part of Japan and before we left the hotel I had the last 100 in my account on Protectionist at 8s fixed with tab. Turned on global roaming on a train to Nara to watch the big boy get home and all was forgiven about my horrific day at the races in Tokyo
Good story

I'm going with the mrs and kids (7 & 5), they are used to the races so no big deal. I'll miss Cox Plate but going to the Japanese St. Leger will more than make up for it. My main issue is around working out how to get tickets.

Were they many people there for a normal race meet? Any ideas on the crowd size for a big meet?

There are a couple of group 2 and 3 races on when I'm there as well which I'll go to if i think the crowd for the St Leger is going to be too insane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back