Player Watch Jason Horne-Francis - You were always one of us

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting GWS involved seems to be the key for me, considering all the picks they have.
Yes them wanting Cadman at pick 1 and them having pick 3 and 12 meant WCE can get 8+12 and draft the 2 WA players Busslinger and Hewett at those picks. Pick 2 would have been wasted on either of those 2 WA players, and it means North can get 2&3 + Ports F1

Brisbane have a plethora of picks after 30 so they only made sense to get involved if they needed something from the others, and to broker a gentleman's agreement not to bid on Ashcroft at 1, 2 or 3 and save 773 pts.

Last edited:
It would be great to stop hearing our players who don’t want to go, be leaving
Dog What GIF by Heartland Animal Shelter

If North need a sweetener to get the deal done, just promise them that we'll give them a great deal the next time one of our contracted players ask to be traded to North :p

Am I reading that right.

In front of AFL for approval means teams have agreed to it?

Probably yes, provided of course it is not more media hype. If the deal relies on the AFL for approval I will not hold my breath waiting, those bastards never do us any favours.

What I cannot figure out is how the WA Premier would know. :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are correct JHF was often the 3rd most centre bounce attendee in your team for much of his games, especially in the first half of the season. Tapered off a bit, then increased again.

Edit: But Janus wasnt wrong too. (See his answer post)
I dunno I watched most Melbourne games live this year and he spent plenty of time deep forward, Zurharr would get up the ground at times. Too simplistic to say whenever he wasn’t in the guts he was rotting on a flank.

Our forwards presssed so high up the ground for much of the year anyway that it’s almost meaningless: we had a coach who was Neeld-level bad, 30 odd inside 50s a game it’s potato/pottato HF and deep forward 🤷‍♂️

32.2% of CBA does not equate to 32.2% TOG.

My point isn't whether Horne-Francis played midfield minutes or not. It's about where he should have been playing when he wasn't in the midfield. You don't stick match winners who have kicked 5 goals in a final at half-forward.
How many North games did you watch this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back