Jason Winderlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class by EmmaQ to post it.
I do still wonder how much of this was actually true.

Wanted nothing to do with EFC wednesday, going around again with EFC friday.....
not a single quote from him or his manager.

Truth was probably in the middle, as usual.

Retire, consider playing again, manager says "wait EFC turmoil etc wait it out, explore your options". Waits it out, gets in line with Richmond but ends up believing Essendon is his best choice. Rather than "he hates EFC" or "only staying if Hird stays" sort of ultimatums, very rarely are these ultimatums as reported by the media true.

Do your really want to peer into the anus of another man? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Truth was probably in the middle, as usual.

Retire, consider playing again, manager says "wait EFC turmoil etc wait it out, explore your options". Waits it out, gets in line with Richmond but ends up believing Essendon is his best choice. Rather than "he hates EFC" or "only staying if Hird stays" sort of ultimatums, very rarely are these ultimatums as reported by the media true.

Of course there is mayo put on it. However, before it hit the press there was a bit of goss going around that Howlett, Winderlich and Fletch would not be at the club next year if Hird wasn't.

How can you think any team is in a worse position than you?

Has he signed at Essendon? Or is there a chance he could change his mind - again.

From an outsiders point of view (such as yours) we are in royal s**t. From within the club, we seem to be doing well. (the majority of players re - signed, we played finals, we had the 3rd best defence in the comp etc. etc. etc)

Would you say the Dogs who have lost there captain, there spiritual leader (Gia fwiw), a brownlow medalist, a promising tall is a better place than us on field?

How about the pies? 2 top 10 players at that club have walked away TWO with a top end youngsters simply walking away from AFL football because of the unrighteous way he was treated by Collingwood.

Hey, ASADA aside, we are a pretty bloody attractive place to play at :p

Why are Bomber fans celebrating like it's 1999, Winderlich retires then decides to play on, not at Essendon though, hang on yeah maybe I'll stay.

The bloke is 30 yrs old and they are celebrating like they just won a premiership. Are things that desperate at the Hangar,

Reality is the club is in turmoil, there is so much uncertainty with no one in control, apart from the narcissist, and we all know how that will pan out.
I suppose you can't blame the players for second guessing, not knowing what lies ahead of them.

Cold reality is Essendon need every able bodied player they can get next year, especially blokes who aren't among the ' 34 '.

Think how you guys felt when news filtered through the McPharlin decided to play on for one more year. Winderlich is much revered at Essendon hence why we are all so relieved that a player who played some scintillating football in the latter part of the season is now going around again, with us.

Think how you guys felt when news filtered through the McPharlin decided to play on for one more year. Winderlich is much revered at Essendon hence why we are all so relieved that a player who played some scintillating football in the latter part of the season is now going around again, with us.

How did you feel when he retired then said he wanted to play on, but with another club ?

Why are Bomber fans celebrating like it's 1999, Winderlich retires then decides to play on, not at Essendon though, hang on yeah maybe I'll stay.

The bloke is 30 yrs old and they are celebrating like they just won a premiership. Are things that desperate at the Hangar,

Reality is the club is in turmoil, there is so much uncertainty with no one in control, apart from the narcissist, and we all know how that will pan out.
I suppose you can't blame the players for second guessing, not knowing what lies ahead of them.

Cold reality is Essendon need every able bodied player they can get next year, especially blokes who aren't among the ' 34 '.
there was no celebrating in 99. believe me.
2000 however :)

Winders is a great footballer. under-rated and one of our smarter onfield presences.
Could probably go around for another 2-3 if he manages his body right.
Start him as our Gia-style sub and bring him on as an impact player.
He's versatile enough to cover a forward, back or mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From an outsiders point of view (such as yours) we are in royal s**t. From within the club, we seem to be doing well. (the majority of players re - signed, we played finals, we had the 3rd best defence in the comp etc. etc. etc)

Would you say the Dogs who have lost there captain, there spiritual leader (Gia fwiw), a brownlow medalist, a promising tall is a better place than us on field?

How about the pies? 2 top 10 players at that club have walked away TWO with a top end youngsters simply walking away from AFL football because of the unrighteous way he was treated by Collingwood.

Hey, ASADA aside, we are a pretty bloody attractive place to play at :p

ASADA aside - that's gold.

Perhaps you should be directing your tears to that whimsy Winderlich.
"I'm retiring.
No wait, I'll keep playing.
Screw this I'm outta here, get me to Richmond.
Actually, now I'll stay".

And I suspect it's not over yet with so much more to play out in the coming weeks. So you can put your hard on back in your pants for now.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-10-24/licka-returns-for-2015

9E2JcHc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back