Jason Winderlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No

Retired because his body was shot now that the club convinces you to play on you decide to leave.

It now looks like he pulled the pin beacuse of the saga. The club may have talked him out of it but he only wants to go on at another club then that speaks volumes about how he is feeling at the minute.

It now looks like he pulled the pin beacuse of the saga. The club may have talked him out of it but he only wants to go on at another club then that speaks volumes about how he is feeling at the minute.

No that is rubbish, I suspect you know that too. However, after deciding to play again the bullcrap around who is and isn't appealing plus Hird being sacked then not sacked (for the immediate term) would probably give him the attitude of "eff this".

No that is rubbish, I suspect you know that too. However, after deciding to play again the bullcrap around who is and isn't appealing plus Hird being sacked then not sacked (for the immediate term) would probably give him the attitude of "eff this".

Hey I am guessing just like you. If you want to spin it so your club is painted in the best possible light then so be it. I don't have to buy what your selling.

IMO - a life member walking out is really damming.

Wasn't he supposed to be an UFA this year but triggered a clause in his contract which gives him an extra year. Couldn't he just choose not to enact the clause and walk?

If Winderlich wants to leave I'd hope we'd try and trade him for a 4th rounder or so. Similar to what Geelong did with guys like Steven King.

Geelong traded Steven King and Charlie Gardiner for pick 91, which they ended up not using. There'd be no point trading Winderlich in that instance.

It's a damn shame - We're a dysfunctional family at Tullamarine presently. I reckon employ Mark Harvey as coach, send Hird and Bomber off with a wave (and $), thank Paul Little for having a go (albeit a questionable one), trade Ryder for pick 17, tell Howlett to s**t or get off the can and let Winderlich retire or go (the blokes been through hell over the past 10 years). Honestly, let anyone who wants to leave exercise their right. We need a clean house, guilty/not guilty, whatever- the damage is done. I'd sooner watch us cellar dwell with U18 and VFL players in the jumper for the next 15 years if I thought it would get us some credibility and integrity back down the track. Bring in the toilers, the pure, the uninfected and let em win back the football community's trust.

Can't see a bloke who'd happily pull the pin agreeing to that.
Worth noting Richmond always leave space to upgrade two rookies to the main list prior to round 1, would probably be guaranteed one of those spots fitness permitting is my guess. Anyway the important part is that Richmond aren't going to trade for him, so Essendon either have to release him or he retires I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a rookie upgrade wouldn't he be on minimum wage? I would have thought he'd be on higher at EFC, albeit probably linked to games played. Sounds odd.
Geelong traded Steven King and Charlie Gardiner for pick 91, which they ended up not using. There'd be no point trading Winderlich in that instance.
Sure there is. Get him where he wants to go. Which is what I was saying. Not worried about compensation given his age, service and injury status.

Last edited:
As a rookie upgrade wouldn't he be on minimum wage? I would have thought he'd be on higher at EFC, albeit probably linked to games played. Sounds odd.
Nah, you can pay rookies whatever you want. Scotland ended his career on the rookie list, for example. It then only counts against your salary cap while said rookie is promoted.

It's a damn shame - We're a dysfunctional family at Tullamarine presently. I reckon employ Mark Harvey as coach, send Hird and Bomber off with a wave (and $), thank Paul Little for having a go (albeit a questionable one), trade Ryder for pick 17, tell Howlett to s**t or get off the can and let Winderlich retire or go (the blokes been through hell over the past 10 years). Honestly, let anyone who wants to leave exercise their right. We need a clean house, guilty/not guilty, whatever- the damage is done. I'd sooner watch us cellar dwell with U18 and VFL players in the jumper for the next 15 years if I thought it would get us some credibility and integrity back down the track. Bring in the toilers, the pure, the uninfected and let em win back the football community's trust.

This X 1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back