Jason Winderlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only page 3 RFC fans. Won't be long before they want Martin and your 1st rounder. Wait for it.

Well he is a club favourite so I guess it's only fair. Our first rounder could be a bust whereas Winderlich is a guaranteed hit. And Martin? He has off-field issues and is a ticking time bomb. I just hope they'll accept the deal before they change their mind.

No disrespect to Winders but trading for him would be dumb by us. Hes got one year left, two at absolute best.

We arent winning the flag next year, so I just dont see the point of him for a season tbh. Take a punt on a kid who gives you a shot at a 10 year player.

Bit surprised when I saw this last night. Thought we wouldn't be very active.

Can't imagine he's got much left in the tank but he did play well when he announced his retirement earlier in the year. Perhaps he thinks he can squeeze out another 1-2 years and at a new club, get a fresh appetite for the game again?

What about Matty Thomas in a straight swap? ;)

Serious q, why would Ess release him from his contract just so he can walk to Rich? I don't get it.

Would it simply be to 'do the right thing by Jason'? And why would/should they? Teams will put their self-interest first.

Only thing I can think of is Ess have decided they need to go youth and admit he won't get much game time next year. Whereas Rich might give him more game time. So, no point keeping him on your list and paying him if you aren't going to play him. Am I on the right track?

Winderlich has told Essendon he will never return to the club - no matter who is coaching.

It would be a horrible place to be at at the moment, Im surprised more players do not want out. Players like Monfries has been insulated from all the hassles there.

If Winderlich wants to leave I'd hope we'd try and trade him for a 4th rounder or so. Similar to what Geelong did with guys like Steven King.

Winderlich has told Essendon he will never return to the club - no matter who is coaching.
A quote or source would be useful. Given Winder's own twitter comments this year, to go from those to your statement seems unlikely. I can understand someone wanting a fresh start and new club. Going from expressing love of the club to a scorched earth policy seems a stretch.

Devastated if he leaves. However if his heart is set, hope we do the right thing and either let him walk or trade him for a token pick.

Tiges fans, you might only get a year out of him, but you'll love him. Can still win a match off his own boot when fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah so he's going to be talked out of retirement by folks at Essendon just to then walk out on the club.

If you believe this bullshit then I have some magic beans you'll be interested in...
What flavour are those beans? Did Dank supply them? Winderlich didnt like those "magic beans"

It's from Ralph!!

I think he's entitled to get upset about how things panned out last week. Doesn't mean he wont calm down by the end of this week.

That’s right - I forgot the media have it in for essendon and even though they got most right since Feb 5 they are to blame for the predicament essendon find themselves in.

Blame everyone else except Hird and co.

I think he should just finish off his career at Essendon instead of moving to another club for just one year.

If he thinks he has more footy left he should go on - he is only 30. End of the day its not his fault.

True but it's a bit of a dick move imo.

First you tell the club you're finished and then decide to play on but not for EFC o_O if he thinks he still has more give then he shouldn't of retired in the first place.

True but it's a bit of a dick move imo.

First you tell the club you're finished and then decide to play on but not for EFC o_O if he thinks he still has more give then he shouldn't of retired in the first place.

Do you think he retired early because of what happened at the club?

If he went early because of the situation the club is in then you can't begrudge him changing his mind when another club has shown interest in him extending his career – especially if he feels he has more to offer.

Do you think he retired early because of what happened at the club?

If he went early because of the situation the club is in then you can't begrudge him changing his mind when another club has shown interest in him extending his career – especially if he feels he has more to offer.

No

Retired because his body was shot now that the club convinces you to play on you decide to leave.

I think he should just finish off his career at Essendon instead of moving to another club for just one year.
True. But maybe he wants to earn a little bit more before retiring. I dont blame a player of his age doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back