Jason Winderlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as you like Greenwood?
This thread is not about Greenwood. But since you ask:
I'm not fussed either way with him. If he stays, great. If not, we have the midfield depth to cover him, and I'll be happy that we didn't relent to pay him overs to match the inflated money that rival clubs who are desperate for a mid are offering him.

Richmond fans bag him all year and suddenly now he is valuable?

Winderlich is 30 in a couple of days. In no way would a straight swap for Vickery be adequate. It would be like us wanting Hurley for Newman.

Richmond fans bag him all year and suddenly now he is valuable?

He's bagged because he's a dickhead, not so much footballing ability. He's a pretty good player and very valuable to our future.

If you seriously think you'd get him in a swap for Winderlich... Well, I can't help you

He's bagged because he's a dickhead, not so much footballing ability. He's a pretty good player and very valuable to our future.

If you seriously think you'd get him in a swap for Winderlich... Well, I can't help you

Clearly it would not be a straight swap, it would involve swapping of draft picks and/or a third club.

Clearly it would not be a straight swap, it would involve swapping of draft picks and/or a third club.

It depends if Essendon release him from his contract and we get him as a FA which could get the Bombers another top 40 pick.

In a deal where Winderlich would be steak knives. The best we could get from Richmond would be maybe an extra 3rd rounder for Winders plus our 4th. I'm sad to here that Winderlich is leaving but I held the belief that one of he or Fletcher had to retire for list management purposes

In a deal where Winderlich would be steak knives. The best we could get from Richmond would be maybe an extra 3rd rounder for Winders plus our 4th. I'm sad to here that Winderlich is leaving but I held the belief that one of he or Fletcher had to retire for list management purposes

Given Kavanagh reportedly wants out any chance of pick 12 and Batchelor to Essendon for Kavanagh and 21 with Winderlich as steaknives.

Where do you place Vickery's worth, out of curiosity?

End of first round pick at best. Being a tall and still relatively young gives him currency, but his injury history, inconsistent form and tribunal history counts against him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If true, a poor decision by Essendon. Fletch is well past his best and while Winders has next to no chance of playing more than two-thirds of a season, he is still a potential match winner in the games he does play.

End of first round pick at best. Being a tall and still relatively young gives him currency, but his injury history, inconsistent form and tribunal history counts against him.

Yeah I reckon that's about right. In any case I really doubt we'll trade him, I reckon you're best off angling for a pick upgrade or something.

Maybe Winderlich and pick 20 for pick 12?

Would rather it be Kavanagh than Winderlich. Wouldn't give more than a fourth rounder for Winderlich to be honest. 30, injury prone and got one year left.

Maybe Winderlich and pick 20 for pick 12?

Very much doubt it would involve our first rounder. I was thinking more like Winderlich and your 4th for our 3rd. Even then I'd be hesitant, looks like a strong draft this year.

Would rather it be Kavanagh than Winderlich. Wouldn't give more than a fourth rounder for Winderlich to be honest. 30, injury prone and got one year left.

Well it depends on which way you look at it. Winderlich would help Richmond more in the short term, potentially helping them move beyond week one of the finals next year. Kav would be a long term recruit, he still looks very slight so doubt he would displacing guys in Richmond's midfield anytime soon.

Well it depends on which way you look at it. Winderlich would help Richmond more in the short term, potentially helping them move beyond week one of the finals next year. Kav would be a long term recruit, he still looks very slight so doubt he would displacing guys in Richmond's midfield anytime soon.

Nathan Foley is one who will be replaced soon, and Newman retired. Could fit him in the side in the next year possibly on a half back flank or on a wing.

If true, a poor decision by Essendon. Fletch is well past his best and while Winders has next to no chance of playing more than two-thirds of a season, he is still a potential match winner in the games he does play.

Agreed that Winders>Fletch but they are closer than what you make out imo. We have Fletcher in the elimination final against North and there is no way Ben Brown kicks 4 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back