Jed Adcock and Brisbane Lions Part Ways

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow played a terrific game today! That running goal in the last quarter was outstanding! Am very sad to see him go and am hopeful the club revises it's decision even though it won't happen:(

As I said in the review thread there are a hell of a lot of players who would throw the towel in if they were told they were getting let go at the end of the season but Jed's performance today against the Bulldogs shows his character and the reason he was the captain of this club. He has always given 100%, worn the jumper with pride and put his body on the line for his teammates. 4 goals today after 4 goals just 4 or so weeks ago against the Cats shows he still has a bit to offer.

Will miss watching you play for the Lions Jedda!:(:cry::cry:

I would like to think that it has more to do with money then relationship problems with the coach, considering we had an offer on the table earlier in the season which he rejected.
Money? Who is going to pay him more than us? And by all reports we withdrew that offer, he didn't reject it.

Money? Who is going to pay him more than us? And by all reports we withdrew that offer, he didn't reject it.
His game today game him every chance of getting a better offer I would have thought. It's not as if he is 31.

Greg swan said his management didnt accept it so we withdrew it. And I dont subscribe to the notion that every player to leave the lions this season is unhappy with leppa. I would think there are other reasons, but we are all just using thirdhand info to base our comments on anyway, so I dont think anyone would really know other then the player and the club.

Has adcock increased his value enough to maybe get us some sort of compo pick late or otherwise???

uOKvrzS.jpg

Eh...Still agree with the clubs decision. That's not to say the decision doesn't suck! Jed played wonderfully today, happy and sad for him at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the replay and noticed Jed having a good chat with Stringer at the end and this reminded me that Jed called Stringer after he broke his leg and gave him some good advice.

Such a great guy.

Just watched the replay and noticed Jed having a good chat with Stringer at the end and this reminded me that Jed called Stringer after he broke his leg and gave him some good advice.

Such a great guy.
They used to be neighbours back in Victoria. Used to play cricket in stringers backyard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back