Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

I know that Houston owned the responsibility to kick the goal after the siren and he is rightfully get his praise but in the last quarter when we were down, Finalyson also marked outside the 50, owned the responsibility and kicked a beauty. Now it wasn't after the siren but it started our run on and Finny had done a lot of good work in the centre leading up to that mark.

36 goals 33 behinds for the year. Going at basically 50% conversion. He will cost us a final as a key forward with that poor conversion.

He’s had a good year and has had a hell of a lot going on but what’s happened to his goal kicking?

He’s missing some seriously straight forward shots and it’s becoming all too common unfortunately.

36 goals 33 behinds for the year. Going at basically 50% conversion. He will cost us a final as a key forward with that poor conversion.

He’s had a good year and has had a hell of a lot going on but what’s happened to his goal kicking?

He’s missing some seriously straight forward shots and it’s becoming all too common unfortunately.
50% conversion is pretty much afl average aint it

Noticed the Finn tonight love up his guernsey after kicking his first goal , couldn’t work out why at first but I guess he was saying this is the team he loves not his old team the Giants , nice touch Jezza

Noticed the Finn tonight love up his guernsey after kicking his first goal , couldn’t work out why at first but I guess he was saying this is the team he loves not his old team the Giants , nice touch Jezza
Not a fan of players doing that against their old team to be honest, unless their old team has done something to deserve it, which as far as I'm aware GWS haven't. Bit petty. Especially when the Giants were pretty generous in allowing him to move here for well under his market value at the trade table.

He's too flakey. Has gone from a dead eye at GWS to a 50/50 set shot at best. No consistency in his goal kicking routine, and FFS can someone please drill into his brain that he needs to be playing in front as opposed to looking for a cheap one out the back?! Not going to be worth two-bob trying to get them out the back in finals.

Has the worst goal kicking accuracy out of the top 24 goal kickers in the league.

Fin needs to fix this. Simply cannot afford finals where he’s kicking 3 or 4 behinds from very gettable shots.

Came second in the rotten boot award for most behinds.

Curnow first with 41.
Finny with 37.

Only thing is Charlie kicked 78 goals and Finny kicked 38.

In all honesty I didn't expect him to really play at all this season given the issues going on, so 70+ shots on goal is a pretty good effort.

But what happened to his kicking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came second in the rotten boot award for most behinds.

Curnow first with 41.
Finny with 37.

Only thing is Charlie kicked 78 goals and Finny kicked 38.

In all honesty I didn't expect him to really play at all this season given the issues going on, so 70+ shots on goal is a pretty good effort.

But what happened to his kicking?

It's not just limited to Finlayson. Fantasia and Dixon were dead eye kicks at their previous club and lost all of that joining Port too.

Has the worst goal kicking accuracy out of the top 24 goal kickers in the league.

Fin needs to fix this. Simply cannot afford finals where he’s kicking 3 or 4 behinds from very gettable shots.

It's not his fault, it's the curse of being a Port KPF.

Since Schulz, every single one of them has spent some time with the yips. It's ended careers. I'm sure the club are looking into it????

It's not his fault, it's the curse of being a Port KPF.

Since Schulz, every single one of them has spent some time with the yips. It's ended careers. I'm sure the club are looking into it????
Ken keeps comforting them by saying that having set shots at goal is a little scary, for some reason that doesn't seem to have helped.

Absolute pet hate. Can’t kick a drop punt you shouldn’t be an afl player (unless it’s from the boundary).
Yeah you're right, Charlie Curnow's not up to it because he doesn't kick set shots with the technique you like, should be delisted.

Yeah you're right, Charlie Curnow's not up to it because he doesn't kick set shots with the technique you like, should be delisted.
It's irrelevant how good one player is at it compared to others, the margin for error is greater, the belly of the ball is exposed more, the further out the more work it has to do in the air.

It's irrelevant how good one player is at it compared to others, the margin for error is greater, the belly of the ball is exposed more, the further out the more work it has to do in the air.
There's a reason I didn't respond to you but did respond to the other bloke suggesting that anybody who snaps set shots 'shouldn't be in the AFL'. That's just stupid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back