Jones signs on until 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else major to be re-signed or can we focus on getting Patrick Dangerfield now?
Just Garland.

Of course Roughead would have to sign on today as well and steal the spot light. Disappointing that Jones show of loyalty isn't getting the respect it deserves by the media. Well jones got the attention he deserved for three hours at least
I'm happy for Jones to keep out of the spotlight until he retires. Let opposition fans and players underrate him, and then when we rise to the top they'll realise how ******* good this guy is. One of the champs of the MFC.

Well I'd hate to jinx him, but he could finish his career with 300+ games and 5+ club champion awards. He also has a great opportunity to lead this club to its first finals appearance since the Daniher era. One-club player. $$$$ will be high but well-deserved. Smart decision from him, would have been easy selling out for a cheap and empty flag at another club.

ponsdale, over to you.

Well I'd hate to jinx him, but he could finish his career with 300+ games and 5+ club champion awards. He also has a great opportunity to lead this club to its first finals appearance since the Daniher era. One-club player. $$$$ will be high but well-deserved. Smart decision from him, would have been easy selling out for a cheap and empty flag at another club.

ponsdale, over to you.

Wouldn't be surprised. He's been incredible at getting on the field every week, despite players sitting on his head every contest he barely ever gets injured.

Not that it will bother him but his 200th game (if he doesn't miss one, which is likely given history) will be at Paterson's in round 22. Even if he does miss a game it'll then be v GWS at Etihad in round 23. Shame.

Unless he misses two and we play an elimination final at the 'G. I could cope with that, I guess.

Wherever it is I hope it's a huge celebration. He deserves it.

Not that it will bother him but his 200th game (if he doesn't miss one, which is likely given history) will be at Paterson's in round 22. Even if he does miss a game it'll then be v GWS at Etihad in round 23. Shame.

Unless he misses two and we play an elimination final at the 'G. I could cope with that, I guess.

A win in Perth would do nicely.

I wouldn't mind him missing one if it means we can celebrate it with him even if it is at etihad.

A win in Perth would do nicely.

I remember his 150th was against Geelong in Geelong on the same day as Joel Selwood's. Pretty sure that was the day we set a new record for lowest ever inside 50's. Luckily that record was broken this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else major to be re-signed or can we focus on getting Patrick Dangerfield now?
Garland and Jamar are our only free agents

Gawn, Howe, Kennedy-Harris, Salem, Toumpas, Pederson and Trengove are also out contract.

Reckon we can go after Dangerfield and Jeremy Cameron

Jones would have to sign another contract to achieve 300 games but i really have no doubt the club would be happy for him to go again, if Jones i willing.

As i said before Jones could really prolong his career playing forward. If he looses the pace for the midfield he could play as a small forward and still make a valuable contribution. Mekenna suggested Ablett could do that if he wanted to play on longer, and at that moment i though that if jones is still around in the future he could probably do that as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back