Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

JL's presser is a must watch, there's a moment where it's like he's responding to the criticisms in this thread directly lol.

Not sure about this thread. I have other issues to what he was referring to.

But on that,

I think among the general, broader AFL audience, his "defensive style and gameplan" and how our games are low-scoring has been unfairly exaggerated. Don't know how the experts over East can say that but overlook the horseshit between Richmond and Melbourne this week by HT for example or not take notice of Lyonball at Saints. IMO there has been so many boring games this year but we're the poster child of it? Our list was bottom 4 and 2 for age and experience going into this season and our forward-line is being led by kids. * off critics.

That's all well and good - you may be right, you may be wrong. With the cattle we currently have though, the CEO has stated we should be competing at the top end and challenging for the flag. That seems a long way off right now.
Aren't we in the 8?

I'm not sure what 'challenging' means. Care to define that?

Good win but I am still not sold on our game plan or JL. Things like not enough run from the backline, and Luke Ryan bombing to a pack on every kick out. We have too much talent out there to not get something out of this team in the next 5 years.
More concerned with the fact Voss at 20 is apparently one of the strongest?
Team doesn’t look like it knows what to do with those metal weights.
Then there is the tackling, they just don’t stick, sure a few can pull it off
but as a whole it lets us down.
Johnson is way off the mark, Erasmus needs a sprint coach.
It is easily fixed but do they want it?
If Nicks gets let go I’d be the first to give him a job. We need to find a mean
streak if we are fair dinkum about flags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back