Votes: 197 85.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

askdotcom

All Australian
Oct 25, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
pretty simple really, who was the better player? and who was the better captain?

Voss was easily a better player, not even close.

Hodge is still slightly behind Voss in the captaincy stakes but another good year from him and a Hawthorn flag would see Hodge edge ahead as a captain for mine. Both outstanding leaders.

Voss is in the best 5 of all time debate in my opinion.

What the hell, top 5 of all time?

He isn't even unanimously better than Buckley or Hird.

Perhaps top 5 overrated players of all time. Massively overrated because of being a boganaut premiership captain.

Perhaps top 5 overrated players of all time. Massively overrated because of being a boganaut premiership captain.
he did say debatable...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of all time. :eek:

I think you mean in your the last 20 years.

"Voss is in the best 5 of all time debate in my opinion." - ThisIsJake.

And also I should have been more clear that I mean best 5 mids of all time considering we were comparing 2 players that are/were predominantly mids.

"Voss is in the best 5 of all time debate in my opinion." - ThisIsJake.

And also I should have been more clear that I mean best 5 mids of all time considering we were comparing 2 players that are/were predominantly mids.

Voss wasn't even the best of his generation.

Tbh Hird was easily a better player than Voss and Buckley is at least on the same level or arguably better.

Judd and ablett are/were clearly better players than voss.

There is no way Voss is anywhere near being debatably top 5 mids.

Voss in nowhere near in the debate of all time greats.

Top 10 of his time Maybe.

He might be in the top 100 of all time, probably around the 65 to 80 range.
where do you personally think Hodge would rate in history?

Voss in nowhere near in the debate of all time greats.

Top 10 of his time Maybe.

He might be in the top 100 of all time, probably around the 65 to 80 range.

somewhere in the 85 to 125 range.

Without getting into specifics on who rates where in that 125 list, the gap between them is probably about right. And unlike the Judd/Hodge poll I'd say both have fantastic leadership skills

Without getting into specifics on who rates where in that 125 list, the gap between them is probably about right. And unlike the Judd/Hodge poll I'd say both have fantastic leadership skills
Lethal rates Voss as the best captain he coached.

He recenly said after he won his second NSM that Hodge is now right up there along side Voss in leadership.

Voss wasn't even the best of his generation.

Tbh Hird was easily a better player than Voss and Buckley is at least on the same level or arguably better.

Judd and ablett are/were clearly better players than voss.

There is no way Voss is anywhere near being debatably top 5 mids.
I think you would find most people would rate voss ahead of Hird and Buckley but they are all extremely close. Ablett is the greatest mid in history.

Back