Labor's Policies?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Labor's policies are obvious.

Carbon Production Reduction Scheme as a market based mechanism.
The biggest miners paying the right amount of tax.
The original NBN (yes our internet speeds currently rank 44th in the world and won't improve that much under Turnbull's waste of time)
Real infrastructure..not federal money for toll roads.
The Disability Insurance Scheme delivered in full.
Medicare without the co-payments.
Probably many more.

Labor will probably employ a 70/30 type of policy with figuring out how much more money they need and raising taxes to get 70% of that money and cutting spending to get 30% of it.
Have they said what they would do?

What extra taxes? What cuts?

That's really the nuts and bolts of any policy at the moment, without that they are selling dreams.

I think Labor's policies are obvious.

Yes I agree pazza

Support corrupt, illegal actions by building and other unions

Do not ban criminal bikie gangs, so they can provide muscle to said unions

Generally promise a whole lot of stuff like Gillard/Rudd that's not funded like the NBN and NDIS

Not deliver anything

The liberals must be keeping the financing up their sleeve for a leadership change.

Labor needs to be asked repeatedly where they will find the savings to bring back their budget deficits. What cuts will they make, what taxes will they raise.
Where were you demanding detailed policy from the Coalition prior to the election?

Labor will probably employ a 70/30 type of policy with figuring out how much more money they need and raising taxes to get 70% of that money and cutting spending to get 30% of it.
You seriously don't believe that now Runs. Labor will not cut spending.

Yes I agree pazza
Generally promise a whole lot of stuff like Gillard/Rudd that's not funded like the NBN and NDIS
Not deliver anything
Mmm, I like it.
Better than:
Accepting money from Mining companies,
Accepting money from developers
Cutting red tape whilst leaving taxation loop-holes
Screwing the poor and disadvantaged
Making sure the rich maintain a healthy superannuation
Just at the top of my head.

By the way, when was the last time the opposition declared their policies this early? Not sure that the LNP were showing theirs last election, in fact even their costings were late. Too busy saying 'no' to everything.

This is one that really annoys me.

The ones who least require pension support get the most benefit. It pretty much guaranteed the vote of anyone over 55.
And now it has been frozen at 9% for employees. Yep the ones that need it most get kicked in the teeth.

Suggestions

Cut Direct Action - cut of $2.5b over 4yrs
Introduce market based carbon credits - add $14b over 4yrs (would be $28b over 4yrs if it was the carbon tax but a market based price would be significatly lower in the current economic climate)
Fuel Excise - add $2.2b over 4yrs (I understand the ALP wanted to keep the govt to their word on no tax hikes but they need to be realistic, fuel is low and a modest tax increase would be efficient)
Fringe Tax Benefits tightened - save $1.8b over 4yrs (with no more car manufacturing to protect this makes sense)
End superannuation concessions - save $40b over 4yrs
Abolish negative gearing - save $60b over 4yrs
Cut to fossil fuel subsidies - cut of $4b over 4yrs
Buy 5 less fighter planes - cut of $1b over 4yrs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suggestions

Cut Direct Action - cut of $2.5b over 4yrs
Introduce market based carbon credits - add $14b over 4yrs (would be $28b over 4yrs if it was the carbon tax but a market based price would be significatly lower in the current economic climate)
Fuel Excise - add $2.2b over 4yrs (I understand the ALP wanted to keep the govt to their word on no tax hikes but they need to be realistic, fuel is low and a modest tax increase would be efficient)
Fringe Tax Benefits tightened - save $1.8b over 4yrs (with no more car manufacturing to protect this makes sense)
End superannuation concessions - save $40b over 4yrs
Abolish negative gearing - save $60b over 4yrs
Cut to fossil fuel subsidies - cut of $4b over 4yrs
Buy 5 less fighter planes - cut of $1b over 4yrs

I agree with most of that and a lot of that is just removing money the government is spending unnecessarily.

This is old school Labor and I love it. I hope Shorten does similar things

Promised subsidies, free breakfasts for needy students 'next school year': Daniel Andrews
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...hool-year-daniel-andrews-20150129-130xig.html
Needy students are set to receive subsidies for school camps and free breakfasts, uniforms and glasses in time for next school year, the Premier says.

Premier Daniel Andrews said many families were struggling with school costs this year due to cuts to support services made by the former state government.

"Our aim is to try and have as much of our education agenda that we committed to at the election in place for next school year," he said.

During the election campaign Labor promised a $150 million fund to help struggling families with school camp and excursion costs, as well as funding for uniforms, and free eye tests and glasses at 250 disadvantaged schools. It also pledged $13.5 million to provide free breakfasts to students at 500 disadvantaged schools.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...hool-year-daniel-andrews-20150129-130xig.html

Yes I agree pazza

Not deliver anything
Written and authorised by the Queensland LNP, Brisbane.

Yes I agree pazza

Not deliver anything
Unlike Liberal Party policies which include

Refuse to look at closing tax loopholes that are only there to benefit the top income earners and multinational companies.

Protect corrupt companies through deregulation in banking sector, building sector and financial advisors/superannuation.

Generally promise a whole lot of stuff that is not funded or costed properly (like E-W link in Melbourne)

Refuse to agree to full disclosure of where political party donations come from so as to hide payments received from corrupt companies and individuals seeking favours. In lead up to Qld election only the LNP failed to sign onto full disclosure of donations to political parties.

Sell everything they can.

Refuse to block any sale through the foreign investment review board.

Deliver absolutely nothing.

This is old school Labor and I love it. I hope Shorten does similar things

Promised subsidies, free breakfasts for needy students 'next school year': Daniel Andrews

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/p...r-daniel-andrews-20150129-130xig.html[/QUOTE]
The breakfasts isn't the main thing here, it is about school camps and excursions. Anyone against trying to help get disadvantaged students so they can go on these activities is an absolute A grade a-hole who doesn't understand anything about self-esteem. By not being able to participate in these activities student get ostracised inside the school environment. This will then lead in many cases to anti-social behaviour starting a rapid decline in study performance and leading to future disciplinary problems and poorer job prospects.

Anyone trying to say it is a waste of money obviously hasn't been looking at some previous Victorian Liberal Party policies. Economic vandalism of the highest order in signing E-W contracts weeks before an election knowing he was holding the state to ransom. The money wasted on the IBCAC, they set up a commission but gave it such limited powers as to make it ineffective and banned it from investigating sitting politicians. On a Federal scale we have the current RC into pink bats which was completely unnecessary a Senate enquiry would've been enough, the RC into building corruption which was banned from actually looking at building companies corruption through various means including donations to political parties.

Labor may be spending on a social welfare policy, but is far more warranted than spending money on protecting corporate mates and your political career. The Victorian Liberal Party is corrupt to the core and that is why it will fight tooth and nail to stop an IBCAC being set up here with the powers of the NSW ICAC, because if it is they know they will be in opposition of at least another decade.

What does it achieve?

When you end up with a minister like Barry Jones, a great deal.

A good minister is a broad thinker, someone who looks to the future and champions excellence in science and organisations like the CSIRO.

They should be able to provide advice to the government without making an issue political, for example Climate Change and the NBN.

They should be able to recommend where/when government investing money in future technologies, and help start-up companies in the same area.

And they should be able to help government making bone-headed decisions due to political considerations over the facts on the ground.

The liberals must be keeping the financing up their sleeve for a leadership change.

Labor needs to be asked repeatedly where they will find the savings to bring back their budget deficits. What cuts will they make, what taxes will they raise.
Acutally Labor do not need to answer these questions at the moment, at the end of the year, yes. Now, no.

Afterall, the current government can not answer the same questions, and they are in power.

As Napoleon said, 'Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake'.

All Shorten needs to do is say "I am not him" this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back