• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Daz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
One burst onto the scene and has stagnated. The other really struggled early and has finally had a breakout year.

Very different players. Hurley is physical and good by foot, while Hansen is elite overhead and has a big engine.

Who will be the better player?

Hurley will be better. I've always rated him highly and its only a matter of time that he will string it all together and become elite at both ends of the ground.

Hurley. Hansen hasn't really shown the ability to lock down an opponent yet.

You'd think Hansen finally putting it together would be a reason not create this thread given Hurley really hasn't had a good run at it yet.

I'm not sure it is a matter of time, if his wrists never get better he won't be much better than he is currently. Still very useful and makes our forward line much more effective.

Yes his wrists will always effect his marking but his timing as a forward also seems to be a mitigating factor as he seems to mark the ball a lot better when played in defense.

What's the deal with his wrists?

From my knowledge of them, they are buggered. Basically broke them a couple of years back and they have been constantly injured ever since. I remember reading Fogdog or Ant say they weren't sure if they would ever be right.

Hansen. Has been amazing since his move down back and can read the play as well as anyone in the comp.

Haha, the only way Hurley's BF stock could fall any lower is if someone made a Hurley vs. Watts poll.

Hansen's a perennial whipping boy, marked harshly, but I'm not head over heels with him yet (even though I desperately want him to succeed.) He had a half a season of elite third tall (whatever that even means) football mixed in with some garbage and let's not forget, he pretty much had his papers stamped as a footballer before being swung back, again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure it is a matter of time, if his wrists never get better he won't be much better than he is currently. Still very useful and makes our forward line much more effective.

We look impotent without him. In our top 5 players IMO.

Pre-2013 would have voted Hurley.

Strongly Hansen now.

Sums it up perfectly.

The best thing is it was emegence of Aaron Black that allowed us to put Lachie back, where he is best. Two for the price of one realy.

Back