FTA-TV Late Shows - Mega Thread

Who's your favourite Late Night host/show?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He's very 'classic TV' in his charm and style. He'll be good at it and win the old people demographic easily against Fallon and Kimmel.

Real Stephen interviewing Taylor Swift just isn't going to be as funny as Fake Stephen interviewing someone who wrote a book.

Chelsea Handler can be absolutely hilarious at times, but mostly is pretty bland. And when her shtick isn't funny, it just comes off as incredibly mean-spirited. It'll be interesting to see if she changes her show to fit in with CBS (if she gets it) though.

I knew someone would bring her up. I find her insufferable. Mrs Bojangles loves it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that the fat guy that does fat jokes as his routine because he's fat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know.It's Corden,not Corben as I had.He's from the UK series Gavin & Stacey and was in the recent movie One Chance,which was the true story of a Britains Got Talent contestant.

upload_2014-8-20_9-36-33.jpeg

A thread isn't good unless it deviates at some point.

Conan is the funniest IMO.

Have you seen this? I was in tears.

Haha yeah I did see that. I do rate Conan too but generally i watch the daily show, Colbert and last week tonight and Kimmel/ferguson depending on time constraints.

For those who haven't seen Craig and wonder what I mean by real and accessible, this introduction from the day of the Boston Bombing should answer it. Incredible. I can't see any other Late Night honest talking like this.

Always good when they can take a moment to show the vulnerable and emotional side of themselves. Jon Stewart is also good at just stopping the show and pouring out his heart (albeit not a late night host).

I've seen little bits of Fallon since his show's been on Ch 22, and I find him kinda dull

He is like Andy Maher in his interviewing technique - along the lines of "your awesome aren't you?" "Wow your new book/album/movie is incredible how did you make it so good?" - he is the master of impressions and the sketches and games are top notch - but he has no edge when he is interviewing someone. Conan or Letterman mock people like Paris Hilton - Jimmy trys to be their mate - its almost unwatchable

Colbert is too smart to be dull and he will retain his mocking edge I am sure

Back