Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to selections every Thursday.

What, you are waiting for this?

"******* hell, I can't believe [insert player name] has been picked ahead of [insert different player name]. The coaches are a joke, I could be a bloody selector and do a better job. Rabble, rabble, rabble"

What, you are waiting for this?

"******* hell, I can't believe [insert player name] has been picked ahead of [insert different player name]. The coaches are a joke, I could be a bloody selector and do a better job. Rabble, rabble, rabble"

Yes I am, and don't forget the mid season thread campaigning to select some plodder in the magpies to give the list a shake up.

Remember that brief period in time when Mitch Harvey was all the rage and had his own hashtag? The year before it was Mason Shaw?

Last edited:

Yes I am, and don't forget the mid season thread campaigning to select some plodder in the magpies to give the list a shake up.

Remember that brief period in time when Mitch Harvey was all the rage and had his own hashtag? The year before it was Mason Shaw?

At some stage I'm hoping for "Why haven't we played [top up rookie ruck backup] yet. What the hell did we get him for if we weren't going to play him. He got 17 hit outs against Sturt last week"

At some stage I'm hoping for "Why haven't we played [top up rookie ruck backup] yet. What the hell did we get him for if we weren't going to play him. He got 17 hit outs against Sturt last week"

"But Butcher kicked 4 vs Norwood, why not him?"

"LOLZ butcher is a spent hack if you haven't seen that by now you mustn't watch football a witches hat would do better besides who the heck are Norwood"

You could've watched the 2008 debacle against the Lions earlier on Fox, that would've made your day even worse.

In the 9 years I was living overseas, this was the only game I ever saw live during that period.

For those who have Fox Footy, make sure there's plenty of recording space on your Foxtel IQ next Wednesday, February 10. Why? Because it's PORT ADELAIDE DAY!!! Yep - a full 24 hours of our greatest highlights since entering the AFL. First up is the semi final against Fremantle, followed by that glorious elimination final against Richmond.

Reckon I might take the day off :D.

Family Day is Friday 12th Feb ... club website doesnt have the time ... anyone know?

Thanks
Sometime between 8 am and 4pm I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those who have Fox Footy, make sure there's plenty of recording space on your Foxtel IQ next Wednesday, February 10. Why? Because it's PORT ADELAIDE DAY!!! Yep - a full 24 hours of our greatest highlights since entering the AFL. First up is the semi final against Fremantle, followed by that glorious elimination final against Richmond.

Reckon I might take the day off :D.
Followed by the 2013 EF against Collingwood, then the Hawthorn ANZAC Day clash from 2015

Followed by the 2013 EF against Collingwood, then the Hawthorn ANZAC Day clash from 2015
I can already feel some poor health coming on, which is likely to last about 24 hours......

There haven't been many reasons to complain about the way the club has been run under the new regime.;)

But I've got one now, in the age of the digital camera why t f is Jimmy Toumpas still shown on the player listing on the club's website wearing a Dees jumper, more than 4 months after the club traded for him? o_O

I suspect if collingwood eg traded for a carlton player, said player wouldn't be shown on the wobbler website wearing blue bagger clobber for very long, IF at all. :rolleyes:

But I've got one now, in the age of the digital camera why t f is Jimmy Toumpas still shown on the player listing on the club's website wearing a Dees jumper, more than 4 months after the club traded for him? o_O

It is a small thing, but I agree. The same goes for our draftees and, in past years, other traded-in players.

While most other clubs at least add a training photograph to their player's profiles, ours are left blank. As a result, most fans won't know what our new players look like - let alone what they look like in Port Adelaide colours - until the AFL have taken and released official team photographs. Our fans should be excited by new additions to the team, not left staring at this for four months:

noimage.png

There haven't been many reasons to complain about the way the club has been run under the new regime.;)

I suspect if collingwood eg traded for a carlton player, said player wouldn't be shown on the wobbler website wearing blue bagger clobber for very long, IF at all. :rolleyes:
Good point weird but it gets weirder. Aidyn Johnson and Riley Bonner look identical and big Charlie's been framed.
Is it a date in 'The Quinn' Feb 12th?

What still annoys me is we haven't heard one peep from our rookie draftees, Snelling, Houston and Hewett. How long does it take to ask some simple questions and put up a little article. "Were they disappointed not being drafted in the national draft, who did they support and what do they feel about coming to Port, how excited were they when they got on the rookie list, how have they found AFL life and training so far, etc"

Last edited:
It is a small thing, but I agree. The same goes for our draftees and, in past years, other traded-in players.

While most other clubs at least add a training photograph to their player's profiles, ours are left blank. As a result, most fans won't know what our new players look like - let alone what they look like in Port Adelaide colours - until the AFL have taken and released official team photographs. Our fans should be excited by new additions to the team, not left staring at this for four months:

noimage.png

Who is this guy - is it an AFL player they've blacked out? It is a random? Is he even wearing a club guernsey? So many questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back